SGT’s Proposal Center is responsible for support and production of all new business proposals across all the SGT Business Units. Additionally, the center supports development of contract-required documentation, as well as internal publication of presentations, marketing materials, and event materials. The ideal candidate for the director position will have had 15 years of successfully running a similar operation and/or providing leadership in continually improving proposal and production services. The candidate requires experience and knowledge in the Shipley proposal life cycle, and an understanding and ability to read government RFPs and translate them to production requirements. Strong communications and writing skills are required. The Director, Proposal Center works directly for the Sr. VP of Business Development.
The Director will develop and implement a structured, creative and adaptable environment that can be tailored to the size and complexity of the proposal products required to assist the SGT Business Unit Leaders in achieving new business goals through a high percentage of wins. Specifically responsible for:
1. Management and leadership of a staff of 5-10 personnel doing proposal coordination, editing, graphics production, and publishing. Make staffing decisions including hiring, evaluations and training, as well as bring on temporary support during high demand periods
2. Maintenance and configuration of our proposal architecture and knowledge management system composed of a virtual proposal center (VPC) tool and a BD SharePoint site.
3. Initiating and maintaining B&P accounts for each proposal, and establishing the associated WADS, working in close coordination with the Sr. VP of Business Development
4. Working with the Business Unit Leads and the Capture Managers to plan, and execute the production support required, balancing conflicts that will arise when supporting multiple concurrent proposals
5. Implement and maintain a knowledge Base composed of potential reusable content, and assets that can be used in future proposal activates
15 years of successfully running a similar operation and/or providing leadership in continually improving proposal and production services:
• Strong communications, organizational, and writing skills
• 10 or more years experience in Proposal Development and/or Publishing Proposals
• 5 or more years experience as a proposal manager/technical writer in developing proposals
• Full understanding of the Shipley Proposal Process, and continuous process improvement
• Develop style guides, and quality checklists to ensure that all delivered products are compliant to RFP instructions and are of the highest quality
• Understanding of IT operations, processes, security, and relevant federal government standards and processes
• Leadership in directing and motivating small teams
• Effective at performing technical presentations to both technical and business/executive audiences
• Production of accurate high-level plans and estimates, the ability to effectively document and communicate these to senior management
• Ability to work on multiple, concurrent efforts and manage time efficiently
Experience: 15 years of experience.
Must be able to pass a government background investigation.
Education and Experience:
B.S. or B.A. degree required
Additional Skills desired: Shipley Proposal Management Training, and member of Association of Proposal Management Professionals
Education & Experience:
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies - 9 months ago
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...