Director, Psychological Services Clinic
Graduate program Chair and Dean of the School of Graduate Studies.
This is a full-time, non-tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August, 2013. This is a 12-month appointment.
To oversee the Psychological Service Clinic’s strategic plan, budget, program development, outreach, marketing, staffing and other administrative functions of the clinic. To provide clinical supervision to student, pre-doctoral intern, and post-doctoral intern trainees. To teach two three-credit courses per year. One day of release time for other professional clinical and/or consultative activities.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program; licensure to practice in Pennsylvania; at least 7 years’ post-doctoral clinical experience and 5 years’ clinical-administrative/leadership experience desired. Early career psychologists with strong clinical and administrative backgrounds will also be considered. The candidate must have relevant training and experience in modern psychodynamic and systems perspectives, as well as experience and competency in working with clients and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Leads a multidisciplinary staff ensuring integration of clinical, outreach, training and quality assurance activities to accomplish objectives. Provides leadership in developing and monitoring the clinic’s strategic plan including outcomes assessment integrated with Department of Professional Psychology and Chestnut Hill College’s goals and objectives.
- Communicates developments appropriately to internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as a liaison between the Clinic and the Department, and the Clinic and the College.
- Develops and manages the clinic’s budget.
- Develops and maintains Assessment and Clinical Training Manual, procedures, clinical forms and intake process.
- Maintains responsibility for the professional operation of the Clinic, including adherence to ethical and legal standards of professional conduct and client care.
- Oversees scheduling of supervision/student supervision and staffing schedules.
- Provide individual and group supervision to doctoral level students, and pre- and post-doctoral interns.
- Teaches two three-credit courses per year.
Send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, official transcripts of graduate and undergraduate education, and three letters of recommendation to:
Cheryll Rothery, Psy.D., ABPP
Chestnut Hill College
9601 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118.
The position will remain open until filled; desired start date is August 15th.