We are a privately held company headquartered in Orange County, CA. We sell quality products to a large customer base that includes individuals, small business and fortune 500 companies. The Director of Purchasing is responsible for the Purchasing and Quality Control Departments.
He/she will be responsible for identifying needs, determining quantity, negotiating purchase price, arranging & expediting delivery of products, and maintaining vendor relationships both local and overseas. Individual will identify potential cost savings, develop and oversee department procedures and ensure compliance with rules and regulations. Optimize inventory turns and in stock rate.
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture in the purchasing department, resulting in continued success meeting functional requirement.
- Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage underperformers to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
- Manage the tactical operations of the materials management and purchasing function & staff.
- Collaborate with team to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory planning
- Liaise with counterparts in other functional areas such as Sales, Product /Sourcing Management, and Warehouse personnel to ensure alignment of activities and objectives.
- Work across organization, sharing and learning best practices, and balancing global and local needs and impacts.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Identify vendor opportunities and challenges and partner with the Product/Sourcing Management team to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Perform cost negotiation, procurement processing and vendor compliance
- Evaluate international suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the suppliers
- Supervise quality control analysis on all incoming shipments and ensure vendor compliance on all production
- Develop departmental policies and procedures
- Identify potential cost savings, develop and oversee budget
Manage and monitor product lines and overall margin performance
- Monitor strategic vendor performance in price/delivery/quality/services
- Expedite purchase orders by identifying and resolving vendor or shipment problems
- Generate and analyze backorder reports on a daily basis to communicate to the purchasing team
- Manage inventory levels to ensure stock levels are maintained to successfully support timely customer deliveries while keeping current stock at appropriate levels
- Communicate with the vendors and warehouse department to ensure all necessary export documents are correct and well received
- Review and approve purchase order placement of purchasing assistants for accuracy and optimum delivery and pricing
- Work closely with the accounting department to ensure proper cost to vendors are made in a timely manner
- Supervise and oversee the training and development of the purchasing and production department
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- 8-10 years of experience in purchasing, operations, and management
- Strong computer skills
- Importing background
- Strong skills in budgeting, strategic planning
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent MS Office (Excel, MSQuery, Access, PowerPoint) capabilities required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Wholesale Distribution background a plus
- Packaging experience preferred
We offer an excellent benefit package, 401K match, vacation, sick time, 100% paid health insurance for employees, paid life insurance, dental, and much more.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -