Job Purpose: The Director, Software Quality Assurance and Configuration Management position is responsible for department and organization-level SQA and SW Configuration Management program management, strategic direction, planning, execution, standards, tracking, risk assessment and product delivery in order to ensure that MedAssets core products and enhancements meet specifications and requirements in order to ensure customer satisfaction. The QA Director will work across development and operations departments and functions in order to set guidelines and provide governance for quality standards and processes for the organization as a whole. The QA Director will be responsible for driving and measuring the overall improvement of SQA techniques, tools and results, as well as for the continued growth and retention of industry-leading team of SQA professionals. This position requires a solid understanding of industry-standard SDLC and Agile QA Methodology and a demonstrated ability to manage people, programs, projects, and initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Knowledge, Competencies & Qualifications:
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of complete SQA engineering programs to support multiple product lines and services while ensuring agreement with service leads
- Responsible for establishing quality objectives and priorities for multiple products, and ensures they meet the quality standards and follows corporate processes/guidelines
- Develops and evolves software configuration management function and implements/drives adoption of Continuous Integration.
- Negotiates with executive staff for proper resources and budget to support testing for multiple product lines.
- Assess and implement a multi-sourcing approach allowing for the highest staff coverage and quality at the lowest cost possible.
- Work with third party development teams (off-shore, near-shore, etc.) to integrate the appropriate testing strategy to assure quality of any outsourced work.
- Develops and implement automation strategies to increase productivity and test coverage while reducing costs.
- Sets strategic plans and priorities and ensures they align with divisional and/or corporate goals.
- Work effectively with QA Directors and Managers across company divisions to implement common processes and tools when possible.
- Work effectively with Development, Product Management, and Operations to develop testing strategies that achieve quality in all processes in the software lifecycle
- Hire, train, and establish clear goals for QA Managers and Leads across multiple projects
- Anticipates future needs and initiates the development and implementation of new approaches/processes to SQA engineering design and development.
- Defines and performs analysis of metric trends across groups/organizations to improve overall processes and defines best practices
Travel required up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelors degree in associated field (MIS, Computer Science or Engineering)
- 10+ years Software QA/Testing methodology and experience
- 8+ years QA management experience
- Experience in healthcare operations preferred
- Proven knowledge and experience in Agile development methodologies, testing techniques and approaches
- Strong program management and organization skills
- Strong experience with Automated testing initiatives
- Experience with Software Configuration Management and Continuous Integration
- Experience directing and motivating teams, providing formal and informal feedback and guidance as needed
- Experience with cross-functional teams and projects
- Ability to assess and clearly communicate technical and project risk
- Knowledge of various software development methodologies and testing techniques and approaches
- Driven, creative, and results oriented work style
MedAssets is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensures its employment decisions comply with principles embodied in Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Executive Order 11246, Revised Order Number 4, and applicable state regulations.
MedAssets is at the center of improving the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare industry. From establishing best practice value for...