Director, Qualitative Research
New York or Los Angeles
We’re looking for an experienced qualitative researcher with excellent analytical, collaboration, and consulting skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable overseeing multiple workstreams with an eye towards future growth within existing businesses. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business.
The ideal candidate is brave, dynamic, curious and seasoned enough to operate independently. The Director must be willing and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. Candidates should be well-versed in CPG, retail, and pharmaceutical/medical industries, as well as have experience leading clients in these fields. Position may be travel intensive, requiring 25-50% time in the field.
- Lead major qualitative projects with key client accounts, manage research teams and drive approach, analysis, and strategic recommendations.
- Ensure overall client satisfaction and manage client relationships to generate repeat business.
- Together with the leadership team, develop innovative approaches and products that will result in outstanding insights for our clients and differentiate Kelton as a partner. Maintain high levels of satisfaction among our current accounts, and assist company principals in winning new ones.
- Play the role of lead interviewer in the gathering of insights, primarily in-depth interviews, focus group moderation, and ethnography.
- Lead and manage hybrid studies and seamlessly integrate qualitative insights with quantitative findings.
- Help sustain a profitable, stable and growth oriented business, consistent with delivering the utmost quality of thinking and output.
- Provide staff training and development, including being an internal advisor and resource for sophisticated qualitative methodologies
How to Apply:
- 6-10 years of experience in primary market research (supplier side a must). At least half of work experience must be on the agency side, with our preference being for candidates from a recent collaborative environment, as opposed to individual proprietors.
- Excellent and experienced moderator and interviewer. Experience with ethnography and online research.
- Methodological design experience a must
- Secondary degree in a social science is important (M.A. in cultural anthropology, sociology, psychology preferred).
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up, recruiting, familiarity working with an expanded team i.e. agency, corporate, consultants, freelancers.
- Experience in running hybrid studies, strong familiarity and understanding of quantitative analyses.
- Experience in communications and branding strategy.
- Ability to visually represent data, familiarity with the creation of frameworks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams.
- Previous workshop planning and moderating desired.
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Director, Qualitative Research” in the subject line.