Our Infusion products have helped safeguard patients from harm, vial to vein. The Alaris System, the world’s first “smart IV pump,” is the only modular platform that allows caregivers to standardize every type of infusion on one flexible platform, helping to reduce adverse drug events and potential medication reaction.
Management and Reporting Structure
Reports to VP, R&D, Infusion In-Market Products and is responsible for a team of product development professionals.
Seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, and experienced person to lead operations in our In-Market Infusion R&D organization. The ideal candidate is a professional who is, or has been, a hands-on product development manager for a company that develops solutions that incorporate both hardware and software components. Experience in an FDA regulated environment is desired.
Strong attention to detail is a must as the position requires methodical scrutiny of resource loading and detailed examination of the completeness and accuracy of status updates and communications to other functional areas. Strong management skills with a proven track record of providing direction and leadership to others are also essential. The candidate must be an effective communicator and problem-solver as this position requires innovation in making continuous improvement to existing processes, products and tools. Lastly, the candidate must possess demonstrated skills in leading and managing change; should possess the ability to pull together ideas and suggestions, shape them into a vision, and then get this implemented.
The selected candidate will bring new ideas, creativity and perspectives to our organization. You will lead by example, adopting a "whatever it takes" approach to get the job done, while nurturing a sense of camaraderie, success and appreciation among your team.
Excellent communication and cooperation across the Product Development organization and with all departments within the Infusion business unit (and beyond) is essential for success.
Ensuring the consistent use and evolution of solid product development processes and practices across the Product Development organization.
Establishing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders including Customer Support and Implementation to ensure visibility into current and upcoming projects.
Resource forecasting, allocation, and associated reporting of product development staff across all in-market teams.
Ownership of outsourcing, contracting, and any other third party development relationships where staff augmentation is required.
Participation-in and implementation-of appropriate quality improvement initiatives and processes.
Regular reporting of key metrics e.g. resource allocation and product quality.
Experience transforming operational data into actionable information.
Support departmental budgeting activities including capture and maintenance of actuals and forecast.
Oversees employee-related activities (e.g. hiring, training, etc.) to ensure consistency within R&D.
All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required. Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Successful track record leading or managing major projects in a product development environment with significant software content.
- Excellent understanding of business applications deployed in both large and small enterprise healthcare organizations, or the ability to apply unrelated knowledge to the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, coach, develop, and retain staff.
- Minimum of 10 years of product development management or related experience, including 5 years in a management role.
- Experience in multi-location and offshore development models is preferred.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, make decisions, and delegate responsibility effectively.
- Strong leadership and people-facing skills, including proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Strong planning skills to determine, meet, and measure departmental objectives.
- Understanding of Product Development methodologies and industry-accepted quality standards.
- Ability to think logically for interpreting, analyzing, and discussing problems assigned or encountered.
- Resourcefulness and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
- Ability to participate in, as well as cultivate a team environment.
- Ability to work and communicate with clients and other departments in an effective and positive manner.
- Ability to effectively confront, diffuse, and resolve any conflicts or contention.