This position will report to the Vice President, R&D IT. This individual will work closely with the VP as his Chief of Staff as well as with the leaders of the team, which includes R&D IT leaders for: Discovery & Pre-Clinical Sciences, Development Sciences, Translational Medicine, Data Sciences, Application Development, Application Support, in addition to Corporate Development, Business Development and Program Life Cycle Management. As head of R&D IT Operations, the individual will identify opportunities to improve and enhance the performance of the groups, and create and lead the implementation of initiatives to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness. As lead for R&D IT Strategic Planning & Operations, he/she will work intimately with the Vice President on the full range of issues he confronts.
He/she will provide the leadership, intellectual impetus and sense of urgency for initiatives that may encompass the full scope of activities of the groups and may take the form of better organizational processes, technology-based data, information and knowledge collection, dissemination and sharing tools, and ways of acting and being.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Drives alignment of functional strategies and formulates policy, processes and recommendations which support and enhance R&D IT’s goals;
• Leads and supports efforts to continually improve business practices and processes to achieve operational excellence including but are not limited to reviewing and making recommendations to improve processes in R&D IT
• Assists in developing, prioritizing and facilitating key activities and strategic initiatives including maintaining focus on objectives and initiatives to drive innovation or operational excellence;
• Monitors progress towards goals, analyzes data, ensures follow-through on the part of key players, sustains momentum needed to drive these initiatives and provides update to HR/Finance as appropriate;
• Oversees and manages the flow of information across functions including business and planning process, strategic management meetings, communications and reporting;
• Develops processes for capturing, cataloging, analyzing and disseminating key lessons to be learned from initiatives, with a view toward helping propagate best practices throughout the enterprise;
• Assists the VP and R&D IT Leadership in developing communications between group meetings, setting agendas, creating initial drafts of communications, helping to prioritize plans for addressing issues that are impacting progress;
• Serves as a key liaison and interface with partners from Human Resources (HR Business Partner and Talent Acquisition) as well as collaborators in R&D, Legal, Finance, other Operational leads across IT and Research and other key functions
Should have broad experience of the R&D IT capabilities and R&D processes of Biotech, Biopharm or Pharmaceutical companies
BA/BSc required, MBA preferred.
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...