Job Title: Director, RTB Marketing
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Location: Pasadena CA or NYC
Position type: Full time
Your Mission: Increase awareness for OpenX with programmatic media buyers, including DSPs, agency trading desks, and ad agencies. Increase preference for OpenX by educating customers about the unique capabilities of our ad exchange and yield optimization solutions, and differentiate them from our competitors. Help increase spending levels from existing customers by actively promoting new product features, case studies, and policies that improve campaign performance.
Experience & Skills required (6-8 years relevant experience required)
- Develop calendar of marketing activities targeting demand partners (including thought-leadership blog posts, new publisher announcements, webinars/whitepapers, executive interviews, & case studies). Identify topics that will resonate with OpenX’s demand customers, and work with OpenX executives, writers, and designers to create the materials.
- Research the competitive landscape, clarify OpenX’s differentiation, strengths/weaknesses, positioning, and outline how to handle objections.
- Work with the OpenX Communications and event marketing teams to increase visibility at conferences by recruiting speakers for discussion panels and launching innovative sponsorships. Speak at events as a representative of the OpenX brand.
- Collaborate with partners (ie. DSPs) to develop market ‘insights’ that get picked up in press
- Develop sales collateral for the sales team by taking a leadership role in pitch/deck development, create customizable ‘kit’ of materials including presentations, product one sheets, and web pages.
- Must be a ‘domain expert’ in programmatic trading (2 years+) and understand the ad technology ecosystem thoroughly
- Must be good at building relationships with customers and partners. Ideally should have existing relationships with people in the programmatic trading industry
- Should have solid marketing expertise, including experience creating marketing collateral & events
- Should be equipped to speak publicly when needed
- Currently works at a DSP, agency trading desk, SSP, or relevant division at Google or Yahoo. Experience with data providers, and other related tech vendors has value as well.
- Has the talent, insights, and willingness to roll up their sleeves and get the job done; is comfortable with deadlines.
If you are interested in working for a fast growing internet company, backed by some of the best venture capital investors in the business, OpenX ( www.openx.com ) may be the place for you. We are focused on disrupting the online advertising market on behalf of publishers and advertisers around the globe. We combine the fast pace of a small company, with the huge ambitions of a leading ad technology.
OpenX, the world’s leading independent provider of digital advertising technology. OpenX ad serving products are used by 200,000 websites in 100 countries with 200 billion monthly ad transactions. OpenX Market reaches over 450 million monthly unique users worldwide. OpenX is headquartered in Pasadena, CA