5 Years Experience Required
Responsibility: Key position responsible for tactical execution of real estate operations for non-acute care facilities inventory. Functions include planning, strategy development, due diligence, transaction execution, regulatory/compliance and day to day management of real estate relationships.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required; Preferred Business Administration or equivalent business related major; Master’s degree preferred. Five years of progressively responsible managerial experience in real estate planning, operations and property management is required, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience in real estate planning, strategy development, construction project management, and financial analysis is preferred. Ability to effectively negotiate and leverage broad real estate and contract knowledge. Ability to effectively communicate across the organization with strong presentation and negotiation skills.
1. Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive real estate management system to track non-acute care facility assets, collections, payments and transaction documents.
2. Responsible for negotiations of lease renewals and economic terms of leases within established guidelines in order to protect and enhance NGHS’ financial position.
3. Monitors the implementation of assigned capital projects and ensures timely and cost-effective completion and continuity of services.
4. Responsible for all assigned projects from budgeting through the close-out phase to ensure efficient use of the organization’s financial resources.
5. Executes financial modeling to ensure assigned project cost aligns with project budget and provides appropriate notification for project overrun/underruns. Keeps Real Estate Committee apprised of progress.
6. Supervises outsourced real estate professionals to ensure all planned or proposed activities are in compliance with the applicable regulatory and contractual requirements.
7. Collaborates with outsourced real estate professionals to prepare status reports for senior management in order to facilitate the review of critical development issues on a case-by-case basis.
8. Provides leadership, support and guidance on developing and maintaining external relationships with outsourced real estate professionals.
9. Determines and evaluates real estate sites for review, consistent with strategic plan.
10. Responsible for property tax management, appeal for exemptions and monitoring compliance.
Northeast Georgia Health System - 14 months ago
Northeast Georgia Health System in Gainesville, Georgia, is a not-for-profit community health system, dedicated to improving the health and...