The Director, Recruiting is an integral part of the Recruiting & Talent Management and Talent & Organization (TAO) teams at Hulu. Your team ensures that we have a continuous pipeline of top quality talent to take Hulu to the next level. You are seen as a credible leader of the recruiting effort amongst our Business Leads and Hiring Managers.
Your job goes beyond getting good people in the door and meeting our hiring goals. Where you add significant value is around identifying ways to further optimize our recruiting function.
Under your leadership, the recruiting function will build upon its solid reputation for finding great talent and providing excellent customer service and transform into a data-driven organization, known for high-quality and efficient metrics capture and reporting. Metrics, and not our gut alone, will be used to identify and build a case for changes to recruiting processes, approaches, etc.
You will continually assess the recruiting team to ensure we have the right roles and the right people in the roles to achieve the TAO goals. You will oversee the migration from a siloed non-technology and technology recruiting team to a “one-Hulu recruiting” culture and team. You will ensure the recruiting team has a reputation of being a trusted and collaborative partner, not only to the client groups we support, but among the TAO departments that we rely on to achieve our goals.
· Ensure every Business Lead and hiring manager receives world-class recruiting consultation and support
· Assess the recruiting team, ensuring we have the right people, in the right roles and that our highest performers are continually challenged and our struggling performers receive the coaching they need to improve
· Provide daily mentorship and coaching to our recruiting team – your success rides on their success
· Provide regular updates to the TAO Leadership Team and Executive Team on progress against hiring targets, including providing recommendations around when we need to deter from targets and why
· Identify and implement ways to build a more consistent “one Hulu recruiting” culture, aligning technology and non-technology recruiting approaches and processes
· Dramatically improve recruiting analytics and reporting, including: (i) defining the metrics we need to manage the recruiting team and report out to various stakeholders; (ii) identifying the means by which we will capture/update metrics (e.g., Jobvite, Google docs); and (iii) ensuring all of this is done as efficiently as possible
· Ensure the recruiting team is viewed as a trusted and collaborative partner with other TAO departments
· Experience working in a technology start-up or knowledge worker environment
· Experience hiring technical talent – software developers, program developers, product managers, etc.
· Highly organized and efficient – you get things done
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Facility with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and using data to drive decision-making
· Undergraduate degree in Business, Organization Development, or relevant field
· 12 or more years of professional experience with demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role
· Significant experience and proven track record as a people manager, providing hands-on leadership
· Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
Hulu - 11 months ago
Hulu is a go-to service for online TV. The company operates an ad-supported website Hulu.com that allows viewers to watch online video...