Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the leading provider of travel and expense management solutions. As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider, Concur’s easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. By driving innovation in the travel and expense industry, Concur is on a mission to create The Perfect Business Trip for both the individual traveler and enterprise organizations. In 2011, Forbes ranked Concur the #1 Most Innovative Growth Company. Powering evolution in travel technology, the Concur Connect platform enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding the Company’s quarterly and annual sales objectives for assigned region. Responsible for hiring, training, developing and managing a successful inside sales team of Regional Sales Executives that is focused on acquiring new clients in the dynamic, fast-growing 100 to 500 employee space, and that consistently exceeds quarterly and annual quotas for the assigned region. Reports to the VP of Midmarket Sales.
- Responsible for the overall management of Regional Sales Executives in assigned region.
- Directs the activities of Regional Sales Executives within assigned region to ensure that company revenue goals and objectives are exceeded.
- Regularly participates in sales, strategy and coaching calls.
- Coaches and mentors assigned Regional Sales Executives to develop their ability to effectively sell Concur solutions and services.
- Ensures Regional Sales Executives maintain a high number of weekly new prospect meetings.
- Ensures Regional Sales Executives document all sales contacts and activities and maintain up to date Opportunity records using Concur’s SFA tool.
- Selects, manages, trains and coaches departmental personnel.
- Identifies and supports opportunities for the training and professional development of department personnel.
- Provides regular informal and formal performance feedback to direct reports.
- Conducts performance appraisals in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Develops and maintains a business, sales and marketing plan for assigned region.
- Establishes department measurements to accurately and consistently forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region.
- Effectively manages all resources to meet expense targets within assigned budget and provides input in the development of the annual department budget.
- Effectively presents Concur’s Employee Spend Management Solutions.
- Assist Regional Sales Executives with negotiating and closing new business.
- Develops strategies to generate cost effective sales leads.
- Develops sales strategies that link prospect’s business driver to Concur’s Employee Spend Management Solutions.
- Establishes and maintains processes that generate strong customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains strong alliance partnerships within the assigned region.
- Provides constant feedback to executive sales management on the regional territory environment.
- Establishes feedback mechanisms from customers, prospects, and partners to the marketing department.
- Shares input with other departments in preparing sales materials and technical publications.
- Assists Regional Sales Executives in preparing Pre-Sales Consultants and Service staff for customer demonstrations and presentations.
- Is aware of, and complies with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 6+ plus years of successful experience selling software and services (SaaS experience strongly preferred).
- 4+ years successful sales management experience in software and services, managing multiple sales people in a multi-state region, preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of sales people to performance in excess of sales objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently generate revenue and exceed quota by identifying, qualifying, and closing new business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to implement a successful sales process that generates revenue.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software direct and re-seller sales channels.
- Strong ability to create sales presentations messages, position statements, and other sales collateral.
- Strong knowledge of industry travel and entertainment products.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast revenue monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a regional budget.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective follow up system to ensure timely and accurate handling of information requests.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally unprecedented.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and follow up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex contracts, proposals, and other sales related documents.
- Successful experience creating and presenting sales programs to a diverse audience.
- Excellent PC and Internet skills, including significant experience with Microsoft Office applications, a Sales Force Automation tool and Web meeting tools like WebEx or Raindance.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Requires up to 35% travel.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Web and mobile-based,...