The Director of Remittance will direct the Remittance Department in the day to day operations, identify, plan and rapidly deploy process efficiencies and other cost savings. In addition, this position will manage the relationships with internal and external payment processors/agents, as well as, cross functional requirements throughout the company. This includes Credit and Collections, Customer Service, Cash Accounting and IT Departments. Further, this position requires management of payment investigation inquiries bringing them all to resolution timely and identifying and correcting root causes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffs, manages, and oversees all aspects of Remittance operations.
- Manages the relationship with and serves as the central point of contact for external vendors who provide the company with payment services.
- Monitors, tracks and redefines internal processes with a view to drive cost efficiencies to reduce costs and strive for “best in class” Remittance operations processes.
- Directs the implementation, analysis and evaluation of policies and procedures to drive efficiencies in cost and accuracy. Provides feedback to the AVP of Accounting Operations.
- Builds a Winning Team: subject matter experts to enhance operational quality, cross functional training within the department, clearly sets expectations and ensures results are delivered on time.
- As the process owner for Remittance Processing, this position understands all Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for these processes and ensures compliance with all procedures contained in the documentation.
- Ensures integrity of the Remittance Operations processes.
- Works with internal and external auditors.
- Plans, organizes, and monitors the use of resources required to provide cost effective/quality services within the financial, operational, and quality parameters assigned.
- Maintains strong/collaborative relationships with the Credit and Collections, Cash, Customer Service and IT teams.
- Utilizes process improvement methodologies to define and correct root cause errors.
- Drive and implements change in the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience is required.
- Strong experience in leading large diverse teams.
- Experience in a Shared Service Center is a plus.
- Proven track record in providing excellent customer service by applying payments timely and accurately and resolving customer inquiries expeditiously.
- Proven track record of remittance operations experience as a Senior Manager or Director.
- Proven track record of cross functional relationship building within the department and throughout the company.
- Proven track record of setting and achieving goals by defining and prioritizing specific objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, Skills And Abilities
- Leadership Skills that support cross functional cooperation and results in a consistent winning team
- Must be able to comprehend company processes, system functionality and apply business knowledge and mathematical analysis to the resolution of issues.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational skills and is detail-orientation.
- Ability to be a team player and work with all levels of personnel and external contacts.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task as there are numerous daily deadlines and deliverables.
- (Timely) Decision Making
- Analytical Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite with solid working knowledge of spreadsheets as well as working with large scale accounts receivable system and imaging software.
- Identify challenge areas, analyze, plan and implement cost effective, SOX compliant solutions.
- Ability to quickly master the fast pace of the company and motivate others
- Regular overtime is required.
- Alternating Saturdays are required (1 – 2 times a month)
Frontier Communications is one of the nation’s largest providers of communication services focused on rural America. We take pride in our...