DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S, DCP Midstream, is proud of the role its 3200 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 States. Jointly owned by Phillips 66 and Spectra, DCP Midstream is the #1 Oil and Gas Company, and #1 Private Company in Denver, Colorado. (www.dcpmidstream.com)
The Director of Risk Management is responsible for a staff of approximately 15, including manager level direct reports and will be responsible for the DCP Midstream risk management department, including Market Risk (Middle Office function, including compliance and reporting of the Company’s commodity trading and marketing business and hedging program), Operational Risk (trade confirmation and contract origination process) and Credit Risk. Interaction and reporting also exist with Company executives, including through the Risk Management Committee and also with the risk management departments of our parent companies, Spectra Energy and Phillips 66. The Director of Risk Management reports to the Vice President Treasurer and is a key leadership position within the CFO organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leading the Manager of Market Risk and their department. Market Risk activities include the daily Middle Office compliance and reporting functions, interaction with the Front Office traders and marketers and ensuring trade activity is within limits and policies.
2. Leading the Manager of Operational Risk and their department. Operational Risk activities include the daily trade confirmation process, deal entry procedure monitoring and support and coordination of contract origination (ISDA, NAESB, transportation and storage).
3. Leading the Manager of Credit Risk and their department. Credit Risk activities include the monitoring of credit exposures and allocations, periodic reviews of counterparty credit and allocating credit to new counterparties.
4. Identification and resolution of various risk related issues, including working with the Front Office traders and marketers and the President, Marketing and Logistics on changes in strategies, trade violations and other risk and compliance issues, monitoring and set-up of complex transactions, implementation of new regulation (such as Dodd Frank) and maintenance of company-wide Risk Management and Credit Policies.
5. Preparing materials and running the agenda of the monthly Risk Management Committee and ensuring compliance with the Risk Management and Credit Policies. Tracking, reporting and making recommendations with respect to the Company’s hedging program. Preparing quarterly board level reporting.
6. Coordination of quarterly and annual internal and external audit needs for the Risk Management department.
• Bachelors degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
• 10+ years of relevant finance, accounting or risk experience
• Strong understanding of financial derivatives including swaps, futures and options
• Outstanding leadership skills, including the ability to develop people and build a team
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
• Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effect change in the organization
• Proficient analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Strong work ethic and flexibility to work overtime during peak periods
• Experience in the midstream energy or oil and gas industry
• Strong understanding of risk management including methodologies and application of VaR, scenario testing, back testing, and statistical modeling
• Strong understanding of the exchanges including the NYMEX and the ICE
• Regulatory experience with the FERC, FTC, and CFTC with particular emphasis on compliance, control and legal matters
• Experience with various commodity contracts, including ISDAs, NAESBs, transportation and storage
• MBA is preferred
Corporate office environment. No physical requirements.
DCP Midstream Partners is the publicly traded entity of DCP Midstream LLC, one of the largest natural gas gatherers in North America and...