The Director of SOX Controls will be responsible for assisting the VP, Accounting & Reporting with the development, implementation, maintenance and execution of a US-based approach for Sarbanes Oxley Compliance that leverages and complements the existing LPNT Internal Control Model (ICM) for assurance of controls related to financial reporting.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Assist the VP, Accounting & Reporting in updating and maintaining a SOX compliance program that utilizes a US-based approach.
- Perform the following activities and manage the personnel responsible for these activities when they are delegated:
- Maintenance and preparation of clear, detailed and accurate SOX 404 documentation, including narratives, control descriptions, risk control matrices, test programs, test results, and management responses and remediation.
- Preparation of SOX documentation related to new acquisitions.
- Recommend improvements to controls and test programs to improve the overall control environment.
- Follow-up to ensure that past recommendations have been implemented properly to correct deficiencies noted.
- Manage the quarterly SOX certification process.
- Update, map and test controls relating to the fraud risk assessment and test entity level controls.
- Manage the SOC-1 process as it relates to SOX.
- Assist the VP, Accounting & Reporting with updating the financial risk assessment document.
- Review IT SOX controls to support the overall SOX compliance program.
- Utilize sound judgment to identify and assess: risk, materiality, adequacy of audit evidence, compensating controls, and significance of findings.
- Assist the VP, Accounting & Reporting with diagnosing findings and drafting internal control reports and presentations to management.
- Establish and communicate timelines, requirements and issues with management in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop close but independent working relationships with all levels of management in all area of the business.
- Responsible for oversight of all activities related to SOX SEC filings.
- Business or Accounting Degree and CPA required.
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years’ experience working in public accounting or Internal Audit or other risk or control related functions, preferably within a large healthcare company with working knowledge of healthcare accounting.
- Two (2) or more year’s management experience.
- Excellent understanding of Sarbanes Oxley Compliance and healthcare regulatory requirements and current regulatory developments.
- Have a working knowledge of IT SOX Controls.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to request and/or collect relevant information, identify potential exposures/gaps, summarize conclusions, construct recommendations, present recommendations, collaborate on the design/testing/implementation of controls, and evaluate control results.
- Experience in, and ability to, execute an enterprise-wide SOX program and effectively communicate and drive change.
- Excellent database skills with the ability to design, analyze and reconcile large data sets; ability to generate charts and tables using the correct level of detail; perform relevant trend analysis; create metrics and dashboards.
- Ability to create high-impact presentations for all audiences (senior management, regulators, training, etc.) including the ability to represent content concisely and through charts and graphics for enhanced visual impact.
- Masterful competence of MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
- Proven ability to build networks quickly, influences others, and effectively addresses audiences of all levels.
- Ability to work closely and build trust with senior management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Big 4/public accounting and industry experience required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and the public.
This job description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities above are the only ones being performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.