The Director, Safety and Security leads the region’s approach to safety and security, risk management, ZeroHarm, compliance, audits, etc. As a member of the North America Executive team, he/she will contribute to the overall business result.
Leads the safety function within the NA region. Develops programs for safety improvement. Drives a Zero Harm culture in the organization. Ensures the company wide safety targets are met. Leads accident investigation. Ensures proper reporting occurs. Aligns to and implements global safety initiatives.
Leads the security function within the NA region. Develops programs for security improvement. Ensures proper security breach reporting is in place and actions are taken to pro-actively avoid incidents. Executes security audits. Aligns to and implements global security initiatives.
Leads the risk management function within the NA region. Develops programs for risk management improvement. This includes insurance, subrogation, Worker’s Compensation Claims, etc.
Ensures all regulatory compliance measures are in place across all facilities and service lines. Develops audit program to ensure facility compliance with local regulations and global safety and security SOPs.
Performs other duties/activities as required by the function.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus
- Experience in developing and implementing standard processes in a large region
- Experience in improving organizational progress through standard KPI’s, consistent processes, benchmarking and best practice sharing
- Experience in working in a matrix organization
- Experience in safety and security improvement programs
- Experience in operations
- Experience in managing employees: knows how to motivate and manage and measure
- Process-management driven
- Strong negotiations skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills, but equally strong in linking strategy to implementation. The individual therefore has not only experience in the “cerebral” side of strategy, but has successfully made the link between strategy, action plan and follow up.
- Strong team player; is able to involve the service line leaders in programs and progress
- Thinks in terms of added value. As a regional resource, the individual is constantly looking for added value interventions.
- Forceful in deployment of security standards, yet engaging in deploying safety programs
- Strong negotiating skills and capacity
- Equally strong listening skills
- A business mind
- Demonstrate effective leadership
- Energy and resilience
- Effective senior management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, written/oral/presentation, are essential
- Works independently and through others by influence
- Ability to respond quickly to constantly changing environment
It's not necessary to memorize your documents: this company can Recall them for you. Recall Corporation is one of the world's...