Director, Sales Enablement Capabilities-14001449
This is an opportunity to join the Global Merchant Services (GMS) organization in the Global Strategy & Capabilities (GC&S) team. The (GS&C) team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class premium merchant member experience that will get merchants to not only accept Amex, but openly welcome and recommend us to their customers. To do this, we have identified three strategic priorities for GS&C:
* Improve the Core: Improve our core E2E transaction processing so that it is easy, fast, safe, and reliable for all merchants to do business with us.
* Know and Win the Customer: Clearly understand merchant needs, develop insights and solutions to positively impact price/value drivers to increase satisfaction & coverage.
* Accelerate Merchant Acquisition & Client Management Enablement: Create tools, capabilities & training that allow MBDs & CLMs to consistently, effectively and efficiently acquire, build & deepen customer relationships.
The Director of Sales Enablement Capabilities is responsible for leading the GMS Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategic roadmap and automating the end to end acquisition and client management processes. The primary capability owned by this director is a Salesforce.com platform (MerchantForce). This highly visible and complex platform is a critical tool to enable strategic priorities. The incumbent will:
* Partner with business leaders to develop and manage a 3 year capability roadmap to meet GMS strategic priorities.
* Deliver platform enhancements which will drive DBV, net performance scores, and Active locations in force.
* Lead the annual Strategic Quality Plan (SQP) and ongoing investment including business case development, ROI analysis, budget forecasting and general management of a fluid project portfolio.
* Consult and collaborate with senior leaders, internal business partners and subject matter experts to analyze and lead strategic business initiatives that deliver against performance improvement opportunities and drive the future success of the GMS businesses
* Utilize strong project management techniques to ensure high-quality execution in a dynamically changing environment
* Create and proactively manage prioritization model for system enhancements and project execution
* Oversee the standardization of data and business capability processes including end user support, security controls, data governance, and data quality
* Develop measurement metrics and analysis mechanisms to gauge the adoption and effectiveness of the tool and initiatives
* Build, maintain, and oversee a program that promotes issue identification and resolution, stakeholder management and alignment, incorporates risk mitigation planning/execution and provides solutions to address business transformation and new implementations
* Oversee a multimillion dollar annual budget
* Work closely with capability peers across American Express to share best practices and enable re-use of solutions.
* Lead a global team of 8 (additional dotted line team of 12)
* The incumbent should demonstrate strong business acumen and an ability to drive transformational strategies and outcomes, with proven ability to:
* Think strategically and convert strategy into clear, actionable tactics to drive business growth
* Exhibit strong judgment of customer and business needs
* Gain leadership alignment for technology solutions to request and manage budgets, create financially sound CBA’s, and negotiate/manage vendor relationships.
* Exhibit strong knowledge of the latest technology trends in the sales industry and the ability to quickly grasp, assess the applicability, and execute complex solutions based on those technologies
* Appropriately challenge the status quo to drive transformational change for the organization
* Shape and execute strategic direction for business capabilities and provide proactive thought leadership and guidance to employees and business partners.
* Drive desired business outcomes by setting vision, goals and objectives that motivate and inspire the organization to deliver, backed by personal accountability and commitment to success
* Make complex prioritization trade-offs and tactical decisions using sound business judgment and reasoning skills
* Build strong business relationships, and influence without authority to drive organization-wide and senior leader-level alignment on key programs; collaborate and demonstrate teamwork within and outside GMS, World Service, AET; navigate and manage the matrix
* Operate autonomously and make complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure
* Attract, lead, develop and motivate a tenured, high performing global team (leading business capability team preferred)
* Communicate effectively to secure the necessary focus and resources required to achieve aggressive goals Preferred Qualifications:
* Familiarity with the systems development lifecycle including methodologies like agile development
* SFDC admin or other SFDC certifications
* Experience in product management, product development, marketing or maintenance of products
* Knowledge and experience in GMS or B2B sales or client management organizations
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 9 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...