In this hands-on-leadership role, Director will oversee all aspects of the company’s sales activities and employees. We require a business development professional with strong analytical and relationship skills and a working knowledge of today's dynamic government and auto ID environment. Duties will include planning and implementing sales goals and objectives while supporting account executives,
sales engineers, and inside sales personnel. Clear market knowledge and in-person customer meetings are required.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy that
ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Determine annual and gross profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for sales staff; projecting
expected sales volume and profit; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies with product marketing; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Manages sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training new employees.
- Establishes performance goals for all sales department employees, and monitors performance on a continual basis.
- Develop proper sales force structure and manage incentive plan for sales force.
- Supporting and coaching all sales personnel.
- Insure that all sales personnel meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Improve cost efficiency by strict cost management.
- Responsible for preparing the annual sales plan, forecast and budget.
- Reporting company sales objectives and progress.
- Ideal candidate possesses 10+ years of progressive experience in sales with at least 5+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in enterprise software sales and DoD program support is required.
- Prior experience in managing relationships at a program management and executive levels.
- Strong record of achieving goals, including demonstrated ability to effectively sell software and/ or services to DoD programs and commercial organizations.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Technology savvy – ability to learn software and technology platforms quickly, with experience and skill in software presentations to customers and in training sales reps.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and acute attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and handle shifting priorities.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong coaching and development skills with a proven track record for developing people to the next level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operations, processes, and business implications.
- Sound judgment and decision-making.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Has successful experience in developing and training sales personnel.
- BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field. MBA is desired.