The Profile Group designs and conducts on-going surveys of all KnowledgePanel panel members for the purpose of building and maintaining a broad, up-to-date profile database. In addition to core demographic information, specialized profile surveys capture specific areas such as health and disease information, political and public affairs data, consumer behavior, lifestyle information including personal technology, sports and entertainment information, etc. The director of the profile group, also chairs the Profile Coordinating Committee that oversees the design and administration of these various on-line profile surveys to all panel members on a periodic basis. The director is also responsible for all quality control procedures, used in maintaining a robust database on these essential characteristics of panel members.
The director maintains Knowledge Networks’ intranet-based data query system that is extensively used by the company’s client services team to research prevalence statistics for potential client research projects and for designing specialized samples from among panel members. The profile group director is also responsible for conducting in-house research using the profile data to assist other departments within the company such as Panel Management for recruitment and maintenance issues and account staff for answering client questions and constructing customized samples. The director is strongly encouraged to conduct independent research for on-line questionnaire design and administration methods, cognitive issues, statistical procedures, etc., and encouraged to deliver papers at professional meetings and publish findings as an essential part of his or her career development. The position reports directly to the Vice President, Director of Sampling Statistics and will be based in Palo Alto, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Develop and maintain the KnowledgePanel profile data files, providing data and analyses for client services requests, providing profile information for proposals, client presentations, and in-house panel research projects. Develop and implement new profile surveys in conjunction with marketing objectives. Track and report statistics on the state and use of profile data for the company.
B. Maintain a high level of proficiency in the timely updating of profile data for KnowledgePanel using SPSS and some SAS programming, including the implementation of rigorous quality control procedures, plus the development and maintenance of comprehensive documentation on all updates.
C. Manage research projects carried out with the on-line data query system. Ensure that project schedules, sampling criteria, questionnaire and weighting requirements, and relevant files are captured in the survey management system updated when there are significant changes in these items or schedules.
D. Take a project leadership role on special projects in areas such as testing non-response adjustment approaches due to panel attrition, investigating approaches to improve the quality and efficiency for importing new recruitment data, or evaluating mode and response error effects. Analyze data from in-house research projects and write up results for company research notes and for presentation at professional conferences.
E. Work with the Statistics Group, Panel Relations, Panel Management, and Data Processing to identify areas of improvement and implement all improvements as necessary.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
• Superior project management and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership and initiative
• Detail oriented and dedicated to accuracy
• Excellent trouble-shooting and workflow management skills
• Expertise in one or more areas of research methodology, e.g., study or questionnaire design, data analysis, database handling, statistical programming, quality control
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to problem-solve, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize tasks
• Team player in a collegial environment.
• Advanced degree in Statistics, Survey Research, Psychology, Sociology, Epidemiology, or a closely related field
• 3 years’ experience working as a statistical data analyst or similar role in a survey-related research enterprise
• Experience with questionnaire design and survey implementation
• Experience with MS Office products (HTML, SQL also desirable)
• Proficiency with SPSS and experience with SAS
• Experience managing large data files and relate quality control
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
- 2 years ago - save job