Director, Segment Marketing
Spirent is seeking an experienced Marketing professional to lead its Wireless market segment. The successful candidate will be instrumental in defining Spirent’s strategy, value proposition and go-to-market plans for a test and measurement leader in the fast-moving mobile wireless communications market. The role involves driving awareness and interest among prospects and influencers, as well as providing targeted content, competitive intelligence, and sales tools to drive successful sales engagements. The individual must possess a very good understanding of mobile wireless communications technology, and be able to articulate business value and differentiation, not just product features. In addition, this individual will define the segment marketing plan and work cross-functionally across Spirent and its other market segment organizations to implement strategies and programs on time and on budget.
• Share responsibility for Wireless market segment bookings with Sales organization
• Own medium and long term (
• A BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering. MBA is preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of product marketing experience in the mobile wireless telecommunications field with at least 2 years’ experience in a field facing/sales and partner enablement role. Experience in test and measurement field is preferred.
• Familiarity with key Wireless technologies: UMTS, LTE, WiFi
• Very strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong project management and planning skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Strategic thinker with high degree of detail orientation
• Strong sense of ownership
• Strong sense of urgency
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, customers and prospects
• Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
• Ability to travel world-wide on average 25% of time with peaks up to 50%.
Spirent Communications - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -