Director, Service Operations
- BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Director – Service Operations oversees teams performing the following functions:
- Staffing Insight teammates and partners on engagements to deliver technology-related services to Insight’s clients;
- Developing client and partner-facing statements of work (i.e., contracts) and change requests;
- Reviewing and negotiating master agreements (i.e., contracts) and performing as the liaison to Insight’s Legal department;
- Preparing proposals in response to commercial and public sector RFPs for hardware, software and/or services; and
- Producing operational and ad hoc reporting and analysis for these functions.
The Director’s role is to ensure the teams are successfully managing the business and teammates, as well as continuously enhancing processes and tools to improve productivity and deliverable quality and turnaround time. Additional duties include developing the agenda and leading the bi-weekly Services Leadership Staff Meeting, developing the agenda and facilitating the monthly Services Leadership Monthly Business Review (MBR) on a rotating basis, and leading the design and development of the Services Quarterly Business Review presentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Build and maintain executive management level relationships within Insight, its customers and our partners.
- Manage the operational activities of the management team and is responsible for their maintenance, including the management and assistance of company growth through guidance and training.
- Proactively work to drive service level practices. This includes working with the nation practice leadership to assist in the development of new offerings, methodologies and the expansion of best practices.
- Participate and take an active role in services sales leadership within each geography including Service Sales, Corporate Sales, Branch and Region Management with the objective of implementing and managing operational processes that facilitate an effective sales process and engagement contracts.
- Recruit, retain and support a team of exceptional proposal, contract and resource management specialists and managers to support the delivery of creative, profitable solutions for our client base.
- Maintain open lines of communication with other departments to insure confidence and enhance the relationships within Insight.
- Represent Insight in a professional and business-like manner and communicate effectively with Insight associates and their customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; MBA is highly desirable;
- Extensive management experience within the professional and/or technical services discipline (minimum of 8 years);
- Strong leadership skills in teamwork and communication across multiple organizations;
- General knowledge of IT products and services;
- A proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and service level objectives; and
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are required, except where noted as “desired”:
- Experience with strategic planning and execution;
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to motivate teams to produce results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings; and
- Experience in Project Management (desired).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Insight - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our growth depends upon a commitment from our teammates. We’re legendary for taking care of our team—we want you around for the...