What does the Director, Social Media do?
The Director, Social Media will lead strategic development and tactical initiatives for a portfolio of business, serving as lead social media counsel to account staff and external clients. Internally, the role works with other Directors and the department VP on team planning and growth, internal education of all departments, knowledge sharing and internal communications with the expectation to drive social media adoption making it a core competency of the organization. Externally, this role is expected to serve as the primary subject matter expert and project owner for a portfolio of business, collaborating with clients to help them stay aware of social media trends and technology while supporting their marketing objectives within the pharma industry. As part of the Social Media team, this role is expected to participate and lead team meetings, create documentation and articles that support the team and Intouch Solutions at-large and support client initiatives to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and on target. The Social Media team is a subject matter expert group that works closely with clients and internal teams to enhance the agency and clients’ core competencies in social media, content creation and distribution, and customer engagement. The team interacts with internal and external clients on a daily basis and is responsible for building strong partner relationships and contributing to the clients’ strategic issues, marketing initiatives and educational needs regarding new media.The Social Media team works with our internal teams, including business development, project management, account staff, business systems analysis, creative, user experience, analytics, search, CRM, and development. All roles on this team require experience with managing projects, research and time management.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree required; Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications
- Approximately 10+ years of related industry experience or consultative and agency experience; pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Applied experience in marketing and advertising, with expertise in digital strategy, media and technology
- Applied experience in social media and technology
- Strong multi-task, problem solving skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong client relations and business development skills
- Strategic skill and strong business acumen
- Ability to delegate and provide direction to others on the team
- Supervisory and development skills of other team members
- Proven business development skills with increased revenue results
- Proven vendor negotiation and relationship skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Proven detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage projects independently and collaboratively to successful completion
- Periodic travel required
When you go to work each day, do you want to feel like you’re making a difference?
At Intouch Solutions, we are constantly...