Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle and the new Kindle Fire. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a Software Development Director, you will be responsible for building and managing a team to work on the next generation hardware platform. In this role, you will work closely with the hardware team to define and productize the hardware platform for the next generation of devices. Your role will also require managing and building a strong team who will take on this challenge. Your team must deliver very high quality and robust products while focusing extensively on power management and performance.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of industry experience.
- 7+ years of management experience
- Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Linux Kernel fluency.
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams of star players.
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of delivering high quality embedded products, preferably consumer electronics.
- Experience with wireless and battery powered devices is a strong plus.
- Masters Degree or PhD preferred.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...