Job ID #: 22125
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelor of Science
Experience Required : 10+ Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Expedia's Lodging Technology team is seeking a passionate, highly motivated, and talented Director of Software Development to own and drive key pieces of Expedia's core hotel searching and booking platform. You will manage teams of developers creating powerful, fast, scalable, and secure services that provide end users with a world class search and book experience.
We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record building and managing development teams and delivering high quality software on time. Candidates should possess strong technical skills and an ability to oversee architecture and design efforts within the development team. You will also work directly with partner and client technical teams, as well as represent the technical teams to business leaders and executives.
- Manage teams of developers designing and implementing new functionality, as well as improving existing products
- Participate in strategic planning and management for resources, environments and releases
- Own scheduling and on-time delivery of features throughout the software development lifecycle
- Work across engineering, operations, and business partner teams to deliver highly scalable and reliable lodging search and book services
- Architect and deliver a strong development process that ensures high quality and busines agility
- Provide timely and appropriate communication to business owners, stakeholders, and users on issue status and resolution.
- Participate in the definition and promotion of engineering best practices within the organization in collaboration with other development directors
- Recruit top talent
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, MS preferred.
- 15+ years of overall technology experience in a software development role and a deep knowledge of software development methodologies
- 5+ years in a management role, leading software engineering teams.
- Strong architecture, design, and implementation skills with a strong coding background in object oriented languages (e.g. C#, C++, Java)
- Proven experience delivering production-quality, high availability, and highly scalable server side applications
- High degree of competency within all phases of project management including: issue and risk identification and management, change management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status.
- Experience with SQL, big data paradigms, web technologies, and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) highly desired
- Excellent organizational and communication skills across, up, and down the organization
- Demonstrated maturity, judgement, negotiation and analytical skills
- A strong drive and passion to learn new businesses and internet technologies.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. LMS-team
These days, expediting your vacation begins online. As the market leader in online travel services (ahead of rivals Orbitz, Priceline, and...