1. PURPOSE: |
This senior level position is responsible for the management and delivery of the content and program, scheduling systems for Showtime Networks. This position drives the continued evolution, operation, and support of business processes enabling applications to ensure effective and efficient achievement of business objectives.
The position is responsible for orchestrating business transformation efforts bridging processes and systems throughout the organization. Scope of work includes processes/systems program management, the development and sustainment of a processes/systems integration strategy and plan, and project leadership on major processes/systems efforts (including the development of project scope and expectations, and the coordination of resources from multiple internal and external sources). Strong vendor management and experience deploying large scale vendor solutions is required.
2. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead a team in analyzing, planning, operating, enhancing, and sustaining the portfolio of business applications and processes for Showtime Content Creation/Acquisitions, Planning, Scheduling, Business Affairs and Productions.
- Develop and execute plans and strategies in close collaboration with business teams including executive management. Ensure alignment of information systems plans with business strategies.
- Translate business plans and strategies into concrete programs for solution delivery, enhancement, and support.
- Working with the business, identify process improvement areas and develop future business process flows.
- Identify application solution delivery gaps and opportunities; develop and execute plans to close the gaps and capitalize on the opportunities.
- Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions.
- Oversee activities for all assigned projects from planning to delivery and sustaining support to ensure that projects meet established business objectives, time and budget constraints.
- Lead and facilitate business/technical workshops for requirements gathering, gap analysis, functional design and systems implementation.
- Manage and act on potential risks/issues and provide proposals for solutions to senior management as needed.
- Track technology advances and industry best practices for pertinence to the application and process portfolios, and drive adoption where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with customers, vendors and other subject matter experts.
- Manage multiple tasks across various teams that often involve innovative technologies and applications, dissimilar systems and databases, and highly complex system integration and linkages
- Develop and implement plans for feasibility assessment, requirements specification, design, metrics and performance measures.
- Deliver strategic initiatives which affect companywide projects and teams, pushing forward through their lifecycle.
- Ensure effective management of assigned deliveries (operational perspective) via the use of detailed plans and proactive liaison with all affected parties ensuring that any delays, risks or issues are escalated for resolution in a timely and clearly understood manner.
- Identify functionality gaps by analyzing how current systems meet business requirements.
- Define, monitor and manage key service delivery metrics.
- Responsible for team of resources:
- For employee resources: determines workload, delegates assignments, promotes career development, and evaluates performance, skill growth, competency growth, performance goals.
- For consultants and other resources: manages tasks, workloads, tracks hours and overtime.
- Experience with infrastructure and fault tolerant systems designs is required.
3. DECISION MAKING/ACCOUNTABILITY :
4. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Works with VP Solution Delivery Executive for Television Networks.
- Works closely other Directors to ensure decisions are aligned with overall Network strategy.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- 10 + years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing complex enterprise systems. Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience with demonstrated success in an executive leadership role.
- Experience in application/system design and deployment, including multiple full lifecycle implementations managing one or more teams.
- Experience with coordinating and interfacing between onshore and offshore teams
- Experience working with clients to understand and document requirements as well as map requirements to standard functionality.
- Must have a track record of developing high-quality, complex software in a team-programming environment.
- Ability to break down complex system into manageable components with well-defined interfaces.
- Ability to plan high level implementation strategy, to judge difficulty level and expected completion times for specific tasks.
- Actively drive and frontier business solution alternatives.
- Experience providing technology subject matter expertise for proposal activities, client presentations and round tables.
- Experience identifying client business needs, and translating them into innovative technical solutions.
- Successful history of acting as lead on full life-cycle systems and application development projects.
- Strong consultative, influencing and strategic thinking ability.
- Very strong project management experience and skills.
- Detail-oriented and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Relationship building skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills are essential; must possess an ability to write succinctly and make effective presentations to large groups including senior executives.
- Entertainment industry experience is strongly desired, Broadcast and Cable is preferred
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master's Degree in a related field is preferred.
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
CBS Corporation - 15 months ago