This position is responsible for the financial elements of our strategic planning process. It will collaborate with business development supporting key processes including strategy formulation, deal evaluation, and project execution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains long term model including scenario analysis and periodic updates to include impact of product outlooks and changes in the investment portfolio
• Coordinates finance support for platform and strategic planning including linkages to financial forecasts and budgets
• Evaluates, and reviews strategic growth opportunities and potential acquisitions, collaborations and ventures including conducting detailed financial assessments and analyzing the underlying valuations
• Participates in preparation and development of board presentations
• Manages workflow on key projects between business development and finance
• Conducts periodic reviews and post mortem analysis on our investment portfolio
• Assists business development in preparing their operating budget and in reviewing the investment portfolio
• Leads and supports additional efforts around individual projects with the strategic finance team
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• MBA preferred.
• Technical degree in life sciences or engineering a plus.
Preferred Experiential Background:
• 8 - 10 years of financial planning experience in companies with a minimum of $50 million in annual revenue, publicly held companies preferred.
• Experience in multi-national organizations.
• Demonstrated leadership in the budgeting and forecasting roles in prior experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle both concepts and details.
• Self-starter and committed to a team environment.
• Extensive experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
• A desire to be a part of and to lead highly motivated teams in a fast pace dynamic environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
• Must be very detail oriented.
• Talent Acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the department, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
• Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
• Job Role Definition ensures that job descriptions accurately record the primary responsibilities, qualifications and terms for each job role in their group
• Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments.
• At higher levels of management, establishing and distributing budgets among departments is required.
• Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...