We are currently seeking candidates for the role of: Director, Strategic Sourcing (Purchased Services)
The Sourcing Director is responsible for managing the competitive sourcing process related to optimum contract pricing, terms, and conditions for assigned categories. The Director spends a significant amount of time providing leadership and input on strategy to assigned contract categories. The Director assesses staffing requirements and assigns staff to negotiation projects. The Director conducts complex negotiation meetings with suppliers, ensures standardization of processes and deliverables to Sourcing Committees, shares subject matter expertise, and develops and mentors department staff.
exceptions to Premier contract language
- Develops sourcing strategy and Request For Proposal (RFP) containing relevant market requirements; aggregates, analyzes and presents RFP results to internal teams and member committees
- Responsible for negotiation of optimum contract pricing, terms and conditions
- Responsible for managing the competitive sourcing process including:
- development of sourcing strategy appropriate to each category
- meeting with and presenting to committees to validate strategy, collecting RFP requirements
- collaboration with legal staff
- development and execution of RFPs
- negotiation of terms and conditions with supplier representatives, including Premier legal staff as needed regarding supplier
- collaboration with legal staff to draft the final negotiated contract terms, conditions and exhibits for each contract proposal
- securing supplier’s authorized signature on the final negotiated contract offers
- meeting with and presenting to committees to seek contract approval/award
- Reviews contract calendar and work plans to properly allocate resources to sourcing projects
- Identifies risk areas prior to starting project and monitors those areas during the engagement
- Identifies and resolves escalated, complex sourcing project issues
- Provides constructive feedback, development opportunities, and training to department staff
- Ensures process deliverable standardization
- Implements control policies and procedures throughout department. Develops quality control measures / key performance indicators. Implements and monitors those key performance indicators.
Education & Experience:
- Provides input on department staffing/resources and departmental goals
- Collaborates with and supports Premier clinical staff and Contract Management
About the Premier healthcare alliance, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree (MA, MS, MBA) preferred
- Business, healthcare or related field; Business, Supply Chain management preferred
- 10+ years; 12+ years preferred
- Experience leading a team in the negotiation and implementation of purchasing and/or service contracts; Prefer: Healthcare related contracting experience. Reverse auction experience a plus
- 3+ years project or direct team leadership; Prefer: P&L responsibility
- Prefer: CPM or like supply chain certification
Premier is a performance improvement alliance of more than 2,700 U.S. hospitals and 90,000 other sites using the power of collaboration and technology to lead the transformation to coordinated, high-quality, cost-effective care. Owned by hospitals, health systems and other providers, Premier operates a leading healthcare purchasing network with more than $4 billion in annual savings. Premier also maintains the nation's largest clinical, financial and outcomes database with information on 1 in 4 patient discharges. A world leader in delivering measurable improvements in care, Premier works with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier also has an office in Washington, DC. Come follow us on LinkedIn - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube .
Premier Inc. - 17 months ago
Collective buying power is the premise behind Premier. The group purchasing organization (GPO) is an alliance of more than 2,700 US...