Director, Strategy Realization Leader-PRO010504
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking strategy realization leads in our IT Strategy and Innovation group who will work in service of the Office of the CIO to clarify the intent of the IT Strategy, orchestrate and mechanize change and alignment across organizational architecture, operating model, talent bases, culture, governance and incentives. These roles are global in nature, working closely with strategy and planning leaders across divisional and enterprise IT.
- Act as “intent architect” on behalf of multi-year strategic direction
- Develop organizational vignettes to show hotspots for operating model change
- Evangelize “simplicity” as a driving force for change
- Engage and contribute on transformation workstream teams to enable strategy realization
- Maintain “holistic view” of transformation and bridge connections across workstreams and teams to drive realization
- Benchmark and identify levers for change across organizational architecture, operating model, talent base, culture, governance and incentives
- Support the development and implementation of the near- and long-term roadmap for strategy realization
- Orchestrate and facilitate collaborative sessions to drive strategy realization and adoption
- Convene, educate and engage key stakeholders on progress to plan
- Support and engage IT leaders in strategy realization and promote their involvement
- Facilitate tight linkage with strategy development, portfolio, architecture, and innovation
- Enhance collaboration, externally across business clients, and internally across IT
- Contribute to the advancement of the IT operating model by establishing shared services for inter-organizational and enterprise strategy realization
- Support the development of workforce and workplace plans in support of strategy
- Support innovation as a path to breakthrough thinking
- MBA required
- 7+ years experience working at the cross section of business and IT strategy
- Experience with health care, consulting or cross-industry exposure preferred
- Strategy execution experience (with focus on intent and people risk management) highly desirable
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Adept at managing diverse perspectives across multiple stakeholder and communities
- Ability to simplify complex information to enable understanding, commitment, and alignment
- Experience at driving alignment between strategic intent and communications to drive enrollment and adoption of the strategy
- Ability to recognize when simplification is required to enable insights and to move discussions forward
- Orchestrates points of view, rather than developing solutions independently
- Demonstrated thought leadership in framing strategies for execution advantage
- Prior experience with strategic planning processes and organizational levers for change
- Strong business acumen, and easy rapport with executives
- Presence and ability to influence on issues impacting the core business
- Organizational savvy; leveraging social network to escape hierarchy
- Excellent communication skills; ability to use storytelling and metaphors to engage key constituents
- Ability to engage and listen attentively at various organizational levels, extract information and discern paint points
- Courage and candor, ability to build sound arguments for resolution
- Proven experience at creating and fostering a collaborative atmosphere
- Focused on outcomes (moving the business forward)
- Trusted agent, acts with integrity
- Leads with ideas, evidence and examples derived by experimentation
- Advocate for IT strategic transformation and build advocacy throughout the organization
- Work with a sense of urgency, tenacious execution, meeting timelines and deliverables
- Emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships, influence perceptions and facilitate change without direct reporting authority
- Ability to embrace, champion and lead change
- Pragmatic Six Sigma Black Belt and Change Management skills are highly desired
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Program/Project Management
Job Title : Director
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Other Locations: NA-US-MA-Boston, NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...