Alexza Pharmaceuticals, located in Mountain View, CA, uses our proprietary Staccato(R) technology to develop CNS products to enhance patient treatment. The Staccato technology provides for the rapid but non-invasive delivery of drugs to treat acute conditions.
Our products address unmet medical needs not currently addressed, for example, by either oral medications or injections. We recently received FDA approval of our first product, ADASUVE. You can read more about ADASUVE at www.adasuve.com. ADASUVE has received regulatory approval in the US and our application is pending final approval for Europe.
As you can see, our approach is simple but elegant. We combine the proven Staccato delivery technology with known drugs that currently lack an optimal mode of delivery. Alexza hopes to write a new chapter in the ever advancing field of patient treatment.
Alexza was founded by Alejandro Zaffaroni, a pioneer and visionary in the field of drug delivery. Through the years, Alexza has strived to maintain both the entrepreneurial spirit and very high standards set by Dr. Zaffaroni. Alexza has great technology and great people who are doing great things. Every individual in the company plays a critical role in Alexza’s success.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company located in Mountain View, California. We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Supply Chain on our team. This person will work closely with our Operations staff to transition our organization to commercial readiness.
· Provide leadership and management for the function. Develop, staff, and mentor the Supply Chain Team.
· Develop and manage the forecasting, ordering, and production planning processes to ensure on-time delivery of clinical and commercial products.
· Lead the Alexza monthly S&OP process including translation of outputs to the ERP system and update of supplier forecasts.
· Develop and execute strategic sourcing plan for all components and raw materials including electronic assemblies, molded plastic parts, and API’s required to support the Alexza product portfolio.
· Develop and manage secondary packaging and logistics strategy for Alexza commercial products.
· Develop and implement supplier selection, qualification, and management policies. Establish supply base risk management plan. Lead a supplier score carding process and periodic business reviews.
· Lead the integration of the commercial supply chain strategy into the product development plans.
· Develop and implement supply chain cost models to enable the Alexza portfolio to achieve its cost targets
· Ensure Supply Chain policies and objectives meet all regulatory requirements and are implemented in accordance with corporate strategy.
· Lead implementation of cost effective and GMP compliant processes/procedures for managing Alexza procurement, logistics, supplier management, and warehousing operations.
· Develop and implement system of key functional metrics for cost, quality, and customer service
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to interact internally and externally with executive-level management
· Ability to translate and communicate organizational objectives to departmental goals and action plans
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams working within a fast-paced environment
· Strong analytical, evaluation, and interpretation skills in both business and operations areas
· Entrepreneurial and hands-on, comfortable in small company and possesses the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
· Project management, networking, and partnership management skills.
· Hands-on knowledge of ERP system implementation.
· Understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Quality System Regulations (QSR).
Education and experience:
BS/BA in Business Management or technical degree
8+ years experience in relevant operational disciplines such as Supply Chain, Materials Mgmt. Production Control, or Manufacturing with 5 years in a commercial GMP environment.
Start-up and commercialization of novel technology based products
Experience with medical device (QSR’s) and electronics procurement preferable.
Experience/Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing is a plus
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including stock options, an exciting and collaborative work environment and excellent opportunity for career growth.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Direct Applicants only - NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals - 24 months ago
Alexza Pharmaceuticals, a specialty pharmaceutical company located in Mountain View, California, leads the way in providing non-invasive,...