The world is changing. Join the Riverlution! The Riverbed family of network optimization solutions liberates businesses from common IT constraints by increasing application performance, enabling consolidation, and providing enterprise-wide network and application visibility -- all while eliminating the need to increase bandwidth, storage or servers. Thousands of companies with distributed operations use Riverbed to make their IT infrastructure faster, less expensive and more responsive.|
Riverbed Technology is the IT infrastructure performance company. The Riverbed family of wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions liberates businesses from common IT constraints by increasing application performance, enabling consolidation, and providing enterprise-wide network and application visibility -- all while eliminating the need to increase bandwidth, storage or servers. Thousands of companies with distributed operations use Riverbed to make their IT infrastructure faster, less expensive and more responsive.
Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are looking for a Finance Director with the ability to see and link the pieces of the big picture together across all functions to make our business grow and flourish. Join us on this journey, and help us create the world of the future. We offer competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
The Director, Support and Professional Services Finance position is a key role within the Riverbed Sales Finance team to partner with Technical Support and Professional Services at our rapidly growing and dynamic company. This position includes revenue and expense responsibilities, and will report to the VP, Sales Controller.
• Act as a trusted finance business partner for Support and Professional Services management
• Responsible for financial analysis, business modeling and decision support provided to senior executives and managers that enables performance monitoring and business management
• Forecast and analyze bookings and revenue for the Support and Professional Services businesses
• Develop metrics and forecasting models that drive continued performance
• Review service and contract margins, drive changes in pricing and / or resource utilization
• Provide profitability and loss analysis to senior management for regions and services product lines
• Deliver accurate expense reporting to assist with forecasting of projected expenditure and actuals
• Responsible for variance analysis of actual spending vs. budget and forecast. Highlight potential issues, risks and opportunities and make recommendations to business partners
• Work with US and international Accounting to understand and meet deadlines for financial close
• Ad hoc projects and analysis
Education & Work Experience:
• 10+ years FP&A experience required; 4-6 years working with Support or Services preferred
• Strong Excel, Powerpoint, and ERP and reporting system skills (Oracle/Hyperion preferred)
• Strong attention to detail and understanding of business processes
• Ability to apply knowledge of software revenue recognition rules to forecasting and analysis
• Experience desired with Technical Support KPIs and metrics such as utilization and productivity
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to interact well across different functions, levels, and personality types
• BS or BA in Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics; MBA preferred
This is a summary only. Duties and responsibilities may be changed over time.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. is a San Francisco company near CalTrain, Muni and BART), with excellent salary, options and benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Location: This position is 100% San Francisco.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 19 months ago