Director Technical Field Operations (San Francisco Bay Area based)
As the Director of Technical Field Ops you will be responsible for managing the pre-sales technical team as well as the support organization at Couchbase.
You will provide leadership to the teams, focusing on making customers successful in adopting our NoSQL document database throughout the adoption cycle, from the initial technology conversations to post-sales product support.
You will be responsible for a strong team of pre-sales engineers and solutions architect and you should have a proven track record of convincing users of new technologies to guide that team.
On the post-sales support side you will manage the day-to-day operations of the team to provide customer-focused support to our startup and enterprise customers in a 24x7x365 environment within committed support levels.
Thanks to our fast growing customer base, growing the teams locally and internationally will also be a crucial aspect of the role.
- Managing, mentoring and growing very technical pre-sales engineering team and solutions architecture team
- Establish and continuously update best practices for technical customer engagements in the fast paced world of NoSQL
- Manage and guide interactions with Product Management and Product Marketing to have effective and up-to-date collateral for pre-sales engagements.
- Grow capability of overall team to deliver training and consulting to customers to grow their product adoption
- Develop, manage, and maintain strong relationships with key customers
- Leading and growing worldwide technical customer support team
- Establish, track, monitor and report on actionable metrics and KPIs
- Manage escalation of critical customer issues, working closely with Engineering, Sales and Product Management teams
- Lead Customer Support teams in the establishment, documentation and adherence to repeatable processes, including quality control
- Manage analysis and troubleshooting efforts for customer escalations
- Work closely with development team to escalate recurring issues for root-cause resolution
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- 4+ years of experience engaging with customers for highly scalable software solutions or other complex backend systems.
- 4+ years of managing support services experience in global enterprise software
- 4+ years of managing technical pre-sales resources
- 2+ years of experience managing customer facing teams in a startup environment
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading and growing worldwide, distributed teams
- Experience in scalable website backend solutions is highly desired; NoSQL experience a big plus.
- Should have a high level of technical savvy, and ability to communicate effectively with engineers and sophisticated technology customers
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to figure out how things should work, and to identify patterns and trends
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and project management skills
Couchbase is the NoSQL database leader, with production deployments at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and...