Suits Optional... ...
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Technology Services to join our team. Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
The Director, Technology Services will lead the Infrastructure and Operations technology team that supports the global Wizards of The Coast (WotC) business, with the below estimated breakdown:
The Director is a member of Hasbro’s Information Technology (IT) team reporting to the head of IT Operations with the below details:
- The primary focus, (85% of time), is supporting the worldwide hybrid internal/cloud infrastructure related to the development and operation of revenue generating digital entertainment services including games, mobile applications, websites and merchant support systems driving several hundred million in direct digital and indirect analog revenue serving over 130 countries in 11 languages.
- The secondary focus (15% of time) is providing infrastructure support for the back-office and desktop needs of a corporation with over 400 employees, plus accessibility management for over 100 business operations Managed Service personnel.
- Receives corporate IT policy direction from Hasbro.
- Reports indirectly to and receives architectural and infrastructure roadmap direction from the WotC’s VP of Technology.
- Responsible for establishing a formal partnership with WotC’s architecture, application and digital game development teams. Ensures infrastructure technology and operational processes deployed by his/her team will efficiently scale and deliver the highest levels of performance and attainment of WotC’s goals.
- 3-5 Direct Reports
- 25-30 Fulltime staff
- 5-10 Contractors
- $3-4M Capital Budget
- $5-6M Hasbro Expense Budget
- $1-3M WotC Expense Budget
- 10 to 20 vendors
- Business/Brand Teams: VP Marketing, Executive Producers, Brand Directors
- Technology Teams: VPs of Technology at WotC, Hasbro, and Vendors, Technology Directors, and Director of Web Publishing
- Responsible for overall delivery of IT infrastructure to WotC, aligning IT infrastructure’s enabling capabilities with WotC’s organizational objectives and long-term strategy across North America, Latin America, Europe, APAC.
- Ensures sufficient organization flexibility to adapt and adhere to changing industry needs and global government compliances and regulations.
- Collaborate with key WotC business stakeholders within marketing and development to understand planned initiatives and directions; proactively offer technology solutions that align with business objectives. 15%
- Work in partnership with Management of other WotC and Hasbro organizations, both within and outside of IT, to leverage resources and ensure adherence to enterprise technology standards, where appropriate, in an effort to apply appropriate tradeoff related to revenue, costs, and time to market. 20%
- Takes corporate IT’s lead to implement an IT framework blueprint, including IT procedures, practices, and procurement strategies, and the setting up and maintenance of the IT infrastructure encompassing telecommunication systems and networks, Internet connectivity links and networks, computers/hardware, software systems and applications, and data centers. Makes the appropriate tradeoffs to balance these activities with WotC’s business needs. 15%
- Engages with external IT infrastructure vendors, suppliers, outsourcing partners to buy IT infrastructure assets and services. Creates contracts and service level agreements (SLA) with various vendors for telecommunication and Internet links, data center and IT hub management and other IT infrastructure optimization requirements.15%
- Establish and track appropriate metrics in order to evaluate time-to-market and deficiencies; make necessary adjustments to drive improvements on an on-going basis. 10%
- Keeps abreast of all the latest industry happenings, IT best practices and evolution of technologies. 10%
- Ensures appropriate recruiting and training of infrastructure staff and mentors direct reports. 10%
- Minimum 10 years information systems/ web site support/ digital gaming experience. Must include at least five years in a director-level or above management capacity overseeing consumer and merchant facing systems supporting over 100M in revenue.
- Experience with global hybrid internal, public/private cloud development and hosting operations supporting both traditional and service oriented architecture applications in North America and simultaneously at least one other major global region (e.g. Europe, Latin America, APAC).
- Experience managing SOX, PII, and PCI compliance activities.
- Experience in measuring and tracking business level availability and consumer experience levels rather than just technical device or systems availability.
- Experience facilitating development and operations of applications by multiple third party development and operations organizations at both the boutique game studio level (e.g. Stainless Games, Folliage) and global partner level (e.g. Tata, Cognizant).
- Experience with pre-production/production environments consisting of over 1,500 servers and multiple terabytes of data.
- Strong leadership skills in 24x7 Technical Operations and Help Desk management.
- Proven ability to create an exceptional team of highly-motivated technology professionals, focused on delivering scalable applications in a high-volume web environment
- Proven ability to design and implement an IT data center operational support roadmap to include business process re-engineering.
- Sound understanding of emerging content and gaming delivery solutions and ability to evaluating compatibility with corporate goals.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects – with varying levels of priority – and to deliver projects on-time and within budget.
- Strong client interface, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate technical language to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven success in driving ITIL-based frameworks, standards and governance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience, advanced degree preferred.
- Overall site/application performance
- Time-to-market for new development initiatives
- Internal customer satisfaction surveys.
- Revenue generated from digital experiences vs consumer credits provided for negative experiences, e.g. lack of server availability.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards Of The Coast - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...