This is a full-time, twelve-month administrative position responsible to the dean, enrollment management and vice president, student affairs of Tyler Junior College for the following:
1. Directing and coordinating all Tyler Junior College testing services administered in the Testing Center which includes the offsite GED testing operation, freshman orientation testing, weekend testing and test contracts with organizations such as College Board, Evaluation Systems, ACT, Elsevier Inc., TSI, CLEP, Pearson, and Educational Resources, Inc., and correspondence test vendors.
2. Creating, evaluating and monitoring the progress of Institutional Effectiveness goals for Testing Services.
3. Creating and monitoring the progress of budgets for Testing Services.
4. Coordinating efforts with the admissions office and area high schools to test students for concurrent enrollment.
5. Ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of student grades, reports, and tests administered within Testing Services.
6. Interacting with faculty and administrators to meet the needs of the students.
7. Innovative thinking, research, collaboration with others, both internal and external to the College.
8. Research and piloting studies to predict the direction of needed services.
9. Maintaining the budget and a knowledgeable staff for the Testing Center functions.
10. Maintaining the vendor contracts and monitoring that each are followed appropriately.
11. Performing other duties as assigned by the vice president, student affairs and dean, enrollment management.
1. Master's degree required.
2. Three years of experience directing a testing center with preference given to experience in computerized testing, TSI, ACT, SAT, GED testing, in, instructor-based exams and test accommodations.
3. Five to seven years' higher education experience desired.
4. Evidence of exceptional communication and interpersonal skills required.
5. Five years supervisory experience.
8. Statistical and testing measurement experience required.