Align Technology is at a critical phase of its company growth where formalization/standardization of employee programs needs to be balanced with retaining the flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit so critical to an innovative, fast-moving global organization. This role, reporting to the Global VP of Human Resources, regularly interfaces with our executive leadership, HR Business Partners, Legal, Stock Administration and the Compensation Committee to lead the organization through critical decision making and program development around its rewards – compensation, equity, benefits, recognition programs, retention programs, etc.
The incumbent would continue the development of sound, global compensation fundamentals – compensation business processes, title structures, job descriptions, salary levels and salary ranges. Additionally, rapid strengthening of stock plans, global mobility programs, promotion criteria, incentive compensation, executive compensation and recognition programs is desired.
This role will also manage the global human capital management system and HR Service Center and will play a critical role in designing and implementing the HR shared service center for the business.. Additionally, the role manages 2 direct and 2 indirect reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Oversight:
- Lead and develop the compensation and benefits team to deliver market competitive programs that meet company needs.
- Create an overall strategic plan for Align’s domestic and global compensation and benefits programs as the company grows and evolves to a more global focus
- Provide recommendations to HR and functional leadership for new or updated programs/policies based on best practices AND Align company need
- Provide clear and logical path for the design and implementation of the company’s global compensation programs to include all aspects of base pay and incentives (annual and long-term)
- Must be sensitive to the changing organization and understand when to drive, influence or gather information
- Market Data
- Review current practices of identifying market data including surveys used – make change recommendations where appropriate
- Drive annual review of compensation and benefits programs to identify Align’s competitive positioning in local markets and make recommendations as appropriate – as common as possible, as different as necessary.
- Understands – or seeks to understand - global compensation needs and local markets
- Identify opportunities for improved communication around compensation and benefits plans and implement ideas in a timely manner
- Documents and shares more formalized policies and processes for consistent application where appropriate
- Manage HR systems group and work closely with Finance to propose and recommend systems and reporting solutions to improve human capital management especially in total rewards process efficiency.
- Manage administration and approval of all processes related to compensation and benefits
- Partners with appropriate people in Legal and Finance to define long term incentive program and manage ongoing administration
- Responsible for annual short term incentive plan review with internal partners for Q1 communication to employees
- Partner with HR Leadership to develop necessary compensation materials for review by Compensation Committee
- Influence and partner with stakeholders to understand and deliver on business reporting needs
- Analyze, define and document project objectives and requirements
- Create project plans, define scope and manage resource requirements
- Articulate deliverables, develop project timelines
- Facilitate communication, meetings and project updates to project team and stakeholders
- Ensure on-time and on-budget completion of projects
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 15+ years generalist compensation experience, including significant time in growing, public companies
- Experience working in competitive labor markets (where talent demand exceeds supply)
- Built and managed legally compliant, creative, traditional and non-traditional compensation programs
- Experience partnering with Finance, Stock Administration, Payroll and Legal
- Experience consulting with and influencing executive leadership, including the CEO
- Strong service orientation but the ability to say “no”, “not now”, “here’s an alternative”
- A strategic viewpoint but the willingness to have a hands-on approach to work
- Design and administration of executive compensation programs
- Development and management of global compensation programs
- Experience developing and giving Board/Compensation Committee presentations
- Significant time developing broad-based and individual retention programs
- Design and administration of sales compensation programs
- Experience interfacing with HRIS teams/systems to design compensation workflow, tracking and reporting
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS/BA or equivalent work experience required
MBA is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
Regular business hours
Align Technology - 10 months ago
Align Technology, Inc. is a global medical-device company that pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market with the introduction of the...