Director, Travelers Cheques, Americas-13005364
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Travelers Cheques business in the Americas region: P&L responsibility, contract renewal, expense management, engagement and relationships with all distribution partners, customer experience, employee engagement, and compliance.
The Director will partner with colleagues in Products, Compliance, GCO, Finance, Operations, Risk, and Marketing. This position will report to the Vice President and General Manager, International Payment Options for Latin America and Canada.
The Director’s main responsibilities include:
- Managing the Travelers Cheques business within all Americas region
- Developing strategic thinking
- Driving efficiencies
- Managing relationships with distribution partners, mainly large banks, securing contract renewals on favorable terms, and ensuring appropriate levels of customer service
- Increasing revenue from multiple sources, including seller and customer fees, attracting the most profitable customers, promoting longer float sales, etc
- Managing carefully all expenses associated with Travelers Cheques within the region. This includes direct and indirect teams as well as direct and indirect expenses
- Partnering with Project Apollo team
- Ensuring strong compliance with applicable laws and regulations in each market
- Developing and managing talents ensuring a high level of employee engagement
The candidate should demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of Travelers Cheques business
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of business to business sales and negotiation of strategic long-term partnerships
- Experience in leading teams and driving results, through direct leadership and cross-functional
- Ability to build and maintain deep relationships with senior executives, and leverage these to drive strong business results
- Ability to develop a strategic vision, and make decisions based on organizational strategy and insightful analysis
- Strong track record developing, motivating, and engaging employees
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and customer experience
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...