Job Description Summary
The Director of Tribal Public Relations is responsible for the leadership and strategic direction of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians tribal government public communications, public relations and events. Manages creative projects from concept to completion, and translates objectives into creative strategies. Oversee the preparation and dissemination of information regarding the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians in support of the Tribes goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Manage the development and execution of a strategic media relations plan for the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians that assures effective communication with community, business, industry, Federal and State governments, and news media. Serve as primary media spokesperson for the Tribe.
- Oversee the implementation of the Tribes community relations and sponsorship program that aligns with and enhances the Tribes profile, strategic plan and growth initiatives.
- Provide planning and strategic counsel to Tribal Council, Economic Development, Casino Operations, and other key business initiatives and projects to ensure consistency of messages, quality of communications, and appropriate brand use.
- Develop and consistently evaluate the Tribes current public awareness program, in coordination with the Executive Director of Government Affairs and Tribal Council, to ensure a best in class approach.
- Working as the Emergency Public Information Officer, direct all emergency public information efforts, developing and presenting appropriate news information concerning disaster events.
- Lead, hire, manage and oversee department staff. Evaluate staffing requirements and prepare yearly evaluations on staff.
- Provide coaching and support for internal and contract staff. Responsible for budget and planning responsibilities for the department.
- Must comply with all applicable internal controls, standard operating procedures and Tribal Regulations. Documents and reports all exceptions/variations/deviations immediately upon awareness
Tribal Public Relations department staff.
CasinoCareers.com - 17 months ago