Director, UX Design
(location: Cambridge, MA, USA)
Medullan, Inc., a Cambridge, MA based technology consulting firm with satellite offices in Trinidad, is seeking a bold, forward thinking Director, UX Design for our headquarters located in Cambridge, MA to lead our high-performing team of Designers.
Reporting to the Chief Creative Officer, the Director, UX Design will be responsible for leading a team of Designers that will deliver innovative end-to-end design work on various consulting engagements for Fortune 1000 companies in the Healthcare Industry. This is a hands-on role that includes providing direction to the Design team while also participating in discovery workshops, design research, early-stage ideation, iterative interaction design and information architecture design, visual design, design presentations, and everything in between. It also occasionally includes directing the team on implementation of interactive design prototypes, and handing-off of code and knowledge to implementation teams.
• Design Strategy and Communication Tools (Everything from index cards to UML diagrams)
• Design and Production Tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks or equivalent)
• Design experience for mobile devices (ios and Android)
• Experience with RIA Frameworks (JQuery, GWT, ExtJS, Sencha Touch)
• Interactive Presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint, Screencasting software)
“I'm passionate about building great software, and I'm excited to get a chance to use my skills to build products that can really help people and change the face of modern Healthcare.”Andre B. BlackChief Creative OfficerMedullan
• Proven leadership in the User Experience profession
• 5 - 10 years of hands-on User Experience Design experience (wireframes, graphics, and icons)
• A portfolio of design examples
• Proven ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions
• Exceptional communication, relationship, and presentation skills. Mastery of concise writing
• Awareness of trends in the industry, data visualization techniques, and the latest mobile devices and their design considerations
• Creative thinker with problem solving skills. You dream big, but you have a "get it done" mentality
• Knowledge of Healthcare Industry a plus
• Experience working with Agile Development teams
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage project scope, and handle conflicting priorities
• Ability to travel for day meetings within New England, and internationally to satellite offices up to 10% of the time
Compensation: Base Salary + Performance Bonus + Equity. A comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We are building a unique company that will produce the next generation of global business leaders. We pride ourselves on a non-hierarchical, no-nonsense work environment where our people can push their career growth as far as their own abilities, skills, and adaptability can take them.