Bachelor's Degree required
In partnership with Cheyenne Regional Volunteer Board leads the operations of Volunteer Services, Pink Boutique, and Home Away From Home including planning and directing the operations, financial, and personnel activities of the departments. Volunteer Services programs augment the services of regular staff and are consistent with Cheyenne Regional’s needs. The Director is an ambassador for the volunteers and oversees all functions involving the recruitment, orientation, retention, and supervision of volunteers as well as employees associated with Home Away from Home and the Pink Boutique.
1. Administers Cheyenne Regional’s volunteer program in accordance with Cheyenne Regional’s needs and as directed by leadership and the Volunteer Board of Directors.
2. Ensures the delivery of high quality, age appropriate and cost effective services.
3. Provides assistance and support to the Volunteer Board.
4. Ensures the policies and procedures involving volunteer services are accurate and supportive of the mission of the Volunteer Board and Cheyenne Regional. As an ambassador for the volunteers and Volunteer Services, oversees all functions involving the recruitment, orientation, retention, and supervision of volunteers.
5. Assists the leaders of the Pink Boutique and Home Away From Home to provide the highest quality, effective, and efficient service to those individuals served by their departments.
6. Develops and implements service/department based priorities that support Cheyenne Regional’s strategic plan and continually improve performance.
7. Ensures the creation of a work environment that fosters employee and volunteer participation, satisfaction, and commitment to Cheyenne Regional.
8. Establish work schedules and assignments for the volunteer staff according to the needs of the areas served by the volunteers.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to travel between all campuses and to off-site events, and occasionally accompany buyer on market trips.
- Aptitude for management, planning, problem solving and fund raising.
- Above average PC knowledge. Previous experience with Volgistics database preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Expert knowledge and ability to develop and apply procedures in complex assignments
- Professional knowledge and ability to analyze and problem solve
- Possesses thorough knowledge and ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Minimum of three years experience in a leadership position
- Three years experience in healthcare
- Prior experience as an active participant in a volunteer organization
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...