Posting Title Sr. Manager, WW Operations Communications About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Job Description The Senior Manager of WW Operations Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational communication plans for four key groups in WW Operations: Global Finance/Real Estate, IT Operations, Legal and HR. This person also will manage executive communications for the leads for IT Operations, Legal and HR. VMware’s CFO executive communications will be handled out of the Office of the CXO comms team.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Manager of WW Operations Communications include:
Success factors for this role include:
- Determine the communication needs of each organization (they will vary) and level of support required
- Develop and manage annual organizational communication plans, as appropriate
- The communication plans should support the business goals of the groups identified above and be developed in coordination the appropriate leadership teams of each group and in alignment with the communication strategies/activities of the broader Global Comms team
- Streamline adjunct communication activities and establish a regular cadence and relevant, easily accessible communication channels targeted to the given audiences
- Support executive communication needs of the leads of IT/Operations, Legal and HR
- Coordinate closely with CXO Comms to ensure message alignment and to integrate messages developed across the VMware CXO Suite
- Coordinate closely with other internal communication functions including: Employee Communications, Global Field Communications, Research and Development and Global Services
- Measure, report and adjust communication activities as part of the larger Global Functional Communications quarterly metrics report
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and flexible and used to working in a close team environment; possesses strong writing/editing & project management skills; and has experience or a keen interest in the effective use of technology (i.e., video and social media) for communications. This individual must demonstrate a proven track record of creating and executing comprehensive communication programs that contribute to building employee knowledge, engagement and revenue growth.
- Measurable impact on business objectives
- Collaboration and integrated communication planning and execution
- Strong baseline communication skills (writing, blogging, content development, scripting and presentations)
- Innovation and creativity in driving effective communication programs, channels and activities
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required. Software industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Bachelor's or Master's in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications is preferred.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities, link strategies to internal communication plans, deliver results and adjust plans as appropriate
- Experienced individual with ability to handle multiple projects/roles in an evolving environment.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated program development/execution.
- Ability to create original and compelling content from information extracted from multiple sources and develop messaging relevant to target audiences.
- Experience working with Sr. Management. Ability and affinity for working in a matrix environment with cross-collaboration and multiple lines of accountability. Ability to influence others.
- Ability to think broadly and still achieve a high attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-past team-oriented environment Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 41109BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 15 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...