Posting Title Director, Web Marketing About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Why work for our Division The Marketing & Alliances teams play an instrumental role in helping to build VMware into a category-defining company. As part of the team, you will work to build, evangelize and deliver world-class virtualization solutions, products, and services to customers and partners. Job Description The Director of Web Marketing will lead a team of Web marketing managers representing vmwware.com; product launches and solution marketing content, driving online content and programs that educate and inform our global web visitors, increase demand generation, attract potential employees and project VMware’s brand and culture.
Provide direction and vision to expand VMware web marketing to become a more integral part of marketing, segment marketing, product marketing and sales strategy. Leverage web marketing strategies to further extend VMware's leadership and awareness in the cloud computing & virtualization market. Drive innovation on our web properties to achieve outstanding content, engagement, interactivity, and ease of use.
- Work closely with the segment marketing and products marketing teams and other stakeholders to proactively evolve the web content and engagement that supports a rapidly growing Software Company.
- Drive the content strategy and execution plan across the customer lifecycle, including pre-sales technical and decision-maker content, and post-sales support content.
- Oversee all web-related marketing initiatives, content and materials. Provide guidance and leadership, on a strategic and tactical level.
- Monitor industry best practices of web marketing and adapt for VMware.
- Help drive online sales of VMware products and services
- Manage the global SEO program across 32 country websites, to build more VMware brand awareness and drive more traffic to VMware.com
We are looking for an innovative and high energy web marketer with 8+ years of internet or web marketing experience, 10+ years of broad marketing experience.
- Demonstrated track record of having successful managed a mature sized corporate web marketing team in large or medium-sized company, with a deep understanding of different requirements and success criteria for business-to-business marketing environments.
- Deep messaging, editorial and content creation expertise, especially in the Enterprise Software / Hardware markets, with a solid understanding of marketing to IT professionals.
- Passion and belief in web marketing as a powerful marketing and sales tool.
- An "out of box" thinker who will always challenge him/herself and the team to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- The ability to build solid cross-functional relationships and work with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to multi-task and lead delivery of projects consistently on time and with accuracy in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience in budget management, consultant/vendor RFP and contractual management.
- Strong Internet marketing experience at both the strategic and tactical levels including a proven track record of success in the global SEO arena
- Knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the marketing and Internet fields.
- Interactive/Ad Agency experience and technical background a plus (HTML, databases, web development tools, web analytics).
- Results driven; high integrity; superior communications skills;
- Bachelor's Degree; Masters Degree a plus Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 41142BR Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 11 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...