The Director, Global Workplace Technology is a key Infrastructure Technology leadership position, responsible for defining and implementing a new, enterprise-wide workplace technology service and building/managing a team responsible for delivering that service across Time Warner.
• Define all elements of enterprise workplace service, and identify cost and performance targets via a formal service catalog.
• Define and lead the organizational transition from divisional workplace technology silos to an effective and efficient enterprise-wide service.
• Validate, own and deliver workplace savings and investments targets for 5-year transformation program.
• Establish and execute enterprise-wide mobility strategy, aligned with business needs.
• Organize and lead internal resources and third parties to deliver services and operational requirements, including the following:
o Ensure that systems and services meet the needs and expectations of the client and are fully scoped, planned, managed, implemented, tested, and documented
o Establish hardware and software standards and common configurations in order to optimize desktop, laptop and mobile environments, along with related support.
o Optimize service processes and leverage automation to improve service levels and reduce cost
o Manage desktop/laptop software images including building, testing and installing new packages
o Deploy applications, patches and configuration updates to all managed devices
o Deploy virtual desktop and applications to improve service, reduce support costs, and abstract the workplace experience from the device footprint.
o Ensure proper hand-offs between L1, L2 and L3 support teams.
• Ensure that systems are implemented in a way that meet functional requirements as well as comply with all operational and security policies and procedures
• Work closely with business stakeholders and IT security teams to understand changing business needs and threats, and incorporating these into future strategies and designs.
This leadership position requires at least 15 years progressively responsible information technology experience, including recent global leadership role(s). Bachelor’s degree in technology or management field preferred. Specific required experience and skills include the following:
• Extensive experience building and leading shared service end-user support teams on a global scale.
• Demonstrated expertise in negotiating large-scale service agreements with third party providers.
• Strong knowledge of support operations and strategies for PC and Mac environments
• Strong knowledge of current and emerging workplace technology trends such as VDI, Cloud services, mobile device management
• Technical knowledge of the following: desktop HW and OS (XP, Win7/8, Mac OS), VDI and remote desktop (Citrix, VMWare), Antivirus and End-Point Protection suites, MS Active Directory, MS Office, MS Exchange and Outlook and networking fundamentals.
• Excellent customer service skills, routinely interfacing with customers and suppliers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to persuade via fact-based presentations at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to drive decision-making and results effectively and in an expedient manner.
Bachelors Degree required