The Director of Sales Operations will work closely with the Executive Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations, on go-to-market strategy, business process improvements, sales compensation strategies, training, pipeline management and strategy, forecast process and sales reporting. The Director of Sales Operations will manage the business operational framework to optimize Proofpoint’s revenue opportunity.
- Contribute to the development of go-to-market strategies and plans.
- Set and manage the annual sales plan, set quarterly revenue guidance, manage operations budgets.
- Work with sales finance to create a global deals desk and process for all complex and strategic opportunities, to ensure Proofpoint has a strategic, company-wide approach for all must-win deals.
- Simplify and drive adoption of Salesforce.com for all pipeline management, develop methodology around pipeline strategy.
- Partner with sales finance on developing a worldwide forecast process, driving an increased sense of accountability.
- Work with sales finance and IT to drive reporting/metrics/dashboards to drive a consistent focus with the sales managers on the key metrics within the business.
- Work with the Executive Vice President and sales finance on global compensation plan design and implementation, to include checks and balances on quota setting throughout each theater.
- Oversee sales training and enablement, including partner and customer training.
- Work with marketing and other divisions to complete financial planning
- Leads a new sales operations team
- Oversees sales operations process creation and refinement
- Manages sales CRM (all phases, planning, roll-out, change management, compliance, support, maintenance, reporting).
- Leads sales organization planning
- Oversees sales new hire reporting, training and support
- Creates sales training strategy & implementation (including materials)
- Manages sales team forecasting, incorporating business intelligence
- Manages key accounts planning, policy & tracking
- Liaises with IT & Finance organizations
- 10+ years of sales and sales operations experience
- Proactive strategic thinker with experience driving sales forces to improved results
- BA or BS required, MBA preferred
- Provides leadership in the development of the continuous assessment of the sales team’s annual financial objectives and strategy
- Prepares realistic recommendations on both strategy and operation by developing tools and systems that provide critical operational and financial information
- Manages financial risks associated with sales operations
- Provides reliable budgets and forecasts
- Possesses a strong knowledge of customer businesses and can discuss issues from multiple perspectives
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of company’s competitive positioning in the marketplace
- Actively follows economic and industry trends and understands their implications for customer businesses, including potential new business opportunities
- Translates the mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans
- Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure
- Uses best-in-class benchmarks and own direct experience as catalysts for driving change
- Creates urgency for change and drives out complacency
- Holds people accountable for agreed-upon results
- Translates overarching business goals into specific objectives for team members
- Fully independent self-starter who is motivated to succeed
- Hungers to make things happen
- Capable of turning a problem into a business opportunity
- Acts as a catalyst for economic change by successfully executing innovative ideas
- Dives into the details of the business, while staying focused on the big picture
- Takes a systematic, structured view of situations
- Drives to root causes utilizing issue deconstruction and a focus on fundamentals
- Quickly grasps the essentials in complex situations
- Skillfully articulates strategic plans across all constituencies
- Maintains a personal presence and is highly visible
- Actively listens and is engaged in others while they are speaking
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment