This job contributes to REI’s success through the development of digital merchandising and marketing strategies that support REI’s aggressive eCommerce growth plans. Responsible for driving sales and increasing conversion via REI.com working in partnership with the Merchandising, Marketing, Customer Experience and Retail Solutions Development teams. Leads the Site Merchandising, Site Marketing and Analytics, and Outlet eCommerce teams. Drives the adoption of a customer centric mindset by leading the development of business requirements that will evolve the customer experience making it easier and more compelling to do business with REI. Work across the company to build broad understanding and support for emerging digital consumer trends in the marketplace, and the impact customer adoption will have on the company. Identify solutions that best position REI for success in the changing consumer marketplace. Models and acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
- Lead the development of a site merchandising and marketing messaging strategic plan in partnership with merchandising and marketing leadership teams to deliver successful financial results.
- Build business partnerships with strategic product vendors that support the growth of the eCommerce business.
- Ensure teams are actively applying customer insights and business performance data to the development of strategic and tactical direction.
- Stay current on industry practices and issues, assessing and communicating their potential impact on the business.
- Build organization capabilities required to implement and support the eCommerce strategic plan.
- In concert with other eCommerce leaders, continue to build internal awareness and understanding of the impact eCommerce has on, and the value eCommerce delivers to customers of the co-op.
- In partnership with REI's eCommerce Leadership team, prioritizes the development of new site functionality, interfaces, and services.
- Develops and maintains strong professional relationships with key individual stakeholders and partner teams throughout REI.
- Delivers annual team resource, expense, and performance plans in support of eCommerce goals and objectives.
- Communicates progress, obstacles and solutions to partners and management for the successful delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Ensures effective negotiations with vendors and that contractual performance standards are met or exceeded.
5+ years progressive corporate management with leadership in a sales, marketing, or merchandising role required.
5+ years of progressive leadership experience in e-Commerce preferred
Knowledge of retail, manufacturing, and distribution processes with experience in multi-channel retailing preferred.
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or related field. MBA preferred.
Demonstrated experience in balancing and managing the creative aspects of building effective ecommerce customer experiences while achieving the quantitative demands of cross-channel sales.
Proven experience establishing vision and goals; developing strategic and tactical plans; and leading cross-divisional teams in accomplishing key strategic initiatives required
Knowledge of business principles from multiple disciplines and ability to apply these principles in driving change/outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities required.
Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
Establishes trust and inspires others.
Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Fosters change in company direction.
Effectively plans and executes changes.
REI - 20 months ago
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...