Position reports to the VP/CFO, is member of Senior Management Team, and responsible for all pre- and post-award administrative functions at related to accounting, sponsored research, revenue recognition and financial management. Participates with CFO in the development of current and long-range financial plans, objectives and policies. Responsible for the management of s system of financial accounting, reporting and related management information systems; audit and tax compliance; treasury functions, including banking operations, cash-flow management; and budgeting. Oversees the administration of all grants & contracts from application through close-out, and the accounts receivable, payroll, internal control, and cost accounting functions at .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting & Audit
- Sponsored Research
- Grants & Contracts Administration
- Leadership & Mentoring
- BS/MS in Accounting or Finance.
- An MBA or Masters degree in a related field is a plus.
- Must have 8 to 10 years experience in non-profit accounting.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage and develop staff.
- CPA is highly desirable.
- Experience with the implementation and administration of computerized accounting and financial reporting systems is required.
- Experience in biotechnology/research institutes is a plus
- 18 months ago - save job