Job Duties :|
50%-20: Co-Director Duty: To support the mission of the Center which includes development, collaboration and dissemination of new knowledge, research, service, education, development and mentoring of staff and graduate students. Additionally CETE's mission is to improve the state of student assessment by conducting research in support of testing programs that facilitate student learning; providing test sponsors with test administration, results reporting, and professional development; and, providing graduate students with operational and research experiences vital to their professional development.
20: Co-director Duty: Serve as a senior technical resource to projects in CETE, in other KU research centers, and for the greater communities CETE serves such as school districts, state consortiums/collaboratives and state education agencies.
10: Co-Directory Duty: Share administrative duties with the Director including human resources and space issues, financial and budgetary impacts and projections, contract negotiations and working with University administration.
50%-20: Academic Duty: Teach courses in area of specialization offered by the Research, Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics track of the Psychology and Research in Education Department. All coursework is at the graduate level and provides the research training for graduate programs within the School of Education and masters and doctoral students in the REMS track. Other responsibilities in the area of teaching include advisement of master's and doctoral degree seeking students in the program area and serving on doctoral dissertation and comprehensive examination committees for graduate students in program areas served by department courses.
20: Academic duty: Produce and present research in refereed journals or other scholarly outlets in the areas of specialization. Produce and present research suitable for presentation at scholarly conferences/conventions (e.g., National Council on Measurement in Education, American Educational Research Association, or American Psychological Association). Seek and obtain external funding for research program.
10: Academic Duty: Participate in service activities at the local, state, regional and national levels including serving on department, school and University committees.
Required Qualifications:For Co-Director:
1) Ph.D./Ed.D. in Educational Measurement, Statistics, Research Evaluation or related field.
2) Demonstrated successful experience managing complex projects and/or large staff.
3) Evidence of scholarly writing in the area of educational measurement.
4) Significant full time experience in educational measurement as an academic or practitioner
For Academic appt.:
1) All of the above
2) Ph.D/Ed.D. in a program with emphasis in one or more of the areas of specialization identified above
3) Evidence of scholarly writing in the area of specialization, commensurate with rank
4) Evidence of quality teaching experience in one or more of the areas identified above
5) Computer data analysis software knowledge and skill
Preferred Qualifications :For Co-Director:
1) A prominent national reputation as indicated by serving in highly visible leadership roles such as on Technical Advisory Committees or in national professional organizations.
2) Experience with the design and implementation of large-scale assessment programs.
For Academic appt:
1) All of the above
2) Commitment to teaching introductory level graduate REMS courses as well as advanced topics (e.g. IRT, HLM, SEM, meta-analysis, cognitivediagnostic modeling, computerized testing, alternative assessment methods, and other advanced and emerging topics in measurement or statistical analyses)
3) Evidence of working collaboratively with faculty on projects and topics of mutual interest
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment: Your administrative appointment is at the pleasure of the administrator to whom you report directly (Chairperson, Dean, Director, University Director, Vice Chancellor, Vice Provost, Provost, Executive Vice Chancellor or Chancellor).
This position will have the following employment conditions. It will have a "contingent upon funding" designation which means that this position is partially or fully funded by restricted funds, grants, funds contingent upon grants, or endowed funds from any source, and as a result is subject to the availability of such funds and may be reduced without the usual notice period in the event the funding source is decreased.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
FTE : 1.00
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Level of Position
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications should include all relevant work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume or curriculum vitae (CV). We strongly encourage applicants to have their cover letter and resume/CV as one document when applying for positions at the University of Kansas. Once you have completed the application form, you will have the opportunity to attach other documentation in the "My Career Tools" page of the Careers Homepage. Please click the "Apply Now" link on this job posting to proceed with the online application. If you have any questions during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or (785) 864-4946.
The University of Kansas - Lawrence, University of Kansas Medical Center, the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and its affiliated locations are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu , 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing the application form or in interviewing. Please notify Human Resources at (785) 864-4946 in advance so necessary arrangements can be made.
The University of Kansas Medical Center - 23 months ago