There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world.
Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Director, BI Architecture & Delivery – Port Washington, NY
The Director of Business Intelligence Architecture & Delivery will be responsible for providing thought leadership, design expertise, and execution of results in the delivery of BI strategy and solutions that leverage SAP BW and Business Objects platforms. Additionally, providing cost competitive solutions that are responsive, meet company requirements, and support business process enabling initiatives. As a technology expert and business partner, assist in achieving the corporate and function goals and objectives.
1) Work with the Business process Enablers (BPE’s) to define and drive the BI strategy & roadmap. Look for opportunities to leverage SAP, BW/Business Objects and employee Portal as delivery mechanism.
2) Partner with peers in other IT towers when coordinating initiatives across IT functions.
3) Identify and evaluate new technologies that can provide competitive business value and marketplace advantage; consult with customers to develop technological assessments and vendor due diligence; assess new technology return, readiness, risks and relevance.
4) Coach and mentor team members with regards to current performance and future development; stretches individual team members to achieve outside their comfort zone; motivates team to achieve challenging objectives while fostering a high degree of team satisfaction.
5) Understand and operate under budgetary guidelines and manage expenditures according to budget.
6) Manage BI delivery in a Global onsite/offshore model with the outsourced parent as necessary.
7) Provide guidance and expertise to business and IT as needed on BI stack.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or business related major. MBA desired.
10+ years of IT experience and related technical management experience
6+ years’ experience including IT Systems Projects/Business Analysis/Service, and focused delivery of Business Intelligence solutions using BW.
3+ years of experience in a management role leading global IT teams.
Proven Project Management experience, PMI or similar Project management certification preferred.
Leadership experience delivering BI solutions leveraging SAP BW and Business Objects platforms. BPC experience a plus.
Working knowledge of ABAP.
Demonstrated experience in effective communications (written/verbal/presentations), leadership, cross functional working with geographically dispersed teams, managing change, leveraging technology to meet business needs and implementation of effective processes.
Proven experience as liaison with business partners and technical teams.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.
Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this position please visit our site at www.pall.com and go to the careers section.
The tracking code for this is NK-121109155237
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pall Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...