Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years. We combine our deep clinical, financial, and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better by collaborating with our customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. With more than 2,000 employees globally, we have major offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. Advantage Suite, Micromedex, ActionOI, MarketScan, and 100 Top Hospitals are registered trademarks or trademarks of Truven Health Analytics. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com .
The Director will manage a suite of research projects in, providing both project level management and guidance and broad strategic management of the client relationship. This position manages project staff and department staff to ensure optimal account management and continued business growth. The director is responsible for meeting revenue and margin expectations and other financial goals.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Direct a department and provide leadership to support a dynamic and productive environment in which to carryout government healthcare research * Serve as project director/principal investigator and oversee and direct complex, large-scale research projects involving advanced statistical, modeling and analysis techniques. * Provide thought leadership by presenting at professional conferences and meetings * Mentor junior staff by providing feedback and opportunities for professional growth
- Provide senior leadership for projects and teams, including oversight and direction on project budgets and timelines.
- Review multiple project work plans and ensure coordination across projects and departments to meet project deadlines and ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide strategic leadership for research client relationships, ensuring excellent performance on individual contracts and contributing to broad client and organizational goals.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, consistent with defined client expectations.
- Provide strategic leadership on new business proposals
- Manage, evaluate, and improve the project management process working closely with individual project managers to continually improve client satisfaction.
- Provide senior leadership for research-related activities, including the review of specifications/instruments, analysis plans, and project reports.
- Manage and contribute to white papers and articles for healthcare services research literature on results from contract research projects.
- Manage recruitment of research staff to ensure appropriate levels of staffing for all projects.
Education / Certifications Required:
- Experience leading large, complex research projects, multiple projects, and teams of researchers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding research skills such as statistical methods and/or qualitative research methods
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to think strategically.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and manage project budgets.
- Experience managing project and department budgets"
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in economics, public policy, sociology, demography, statistics, health services research, health information, or related field
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and...