St. Mary's Hospital ( www.stmarysmadison.com ) has retained The Gammill Group to conduct an executive search for Director Birth Suites. With more than 2,700 employees, 690 physicians and nearly 700 volunteers, St Mary’s has serviced South Central Wisconsin since 1912. St. Mary's Hospital is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital that offers a wide variety of health and wellness services. The hospital campus includes an outpatient surgery center and an employee child care center. St. Mary's also operates an off-site Adult Day Health Center, is part-owner of a home health care organization, and is affiliated with the St. Mary’s Care Center (skilled nursing facility on Madison’s southwest side.
St. Mary's and its affiliated physician group, Dean Clinic, together own and manage more than 20 primary care clinics, which includes approximately 100 physicians. They also jointly own and operate the Surgery and Care Center in Madison, Riverview Surgery Center in Janesville, and Davis Duehr Surgery Center in Madison. SSMHC/WI is co-owner with Dean Clinic of Dean Health Plan, which has the largest HMO market share in southern Wisconsin covering 300,000 lives.
Since 1972 St. Mary's has also been affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine’s three-year family practice family practice residency program.
St. Mary's Hospital is part of SSM Health Care of Wisconsin (SSMHC/WI), a nd sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Mary. SSMHC/WI is a comprehensive not-for-profit Catholic health care system providing health care services to an 18-county area in south-central Wisconsin. SSMHC/WI, with headquarters in Madison, WI, provides health care services at three acute care hospitals: St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo, and St. Mary’s Janesville Hospital, as well as at two nursing homes: St. Mary's Care Center in Madison and St. Clare Meadows in Baraboo. SSMHC/WI also provides services through a number of affiliated facilities and care partners ( www.ssmhcwi.com ). SSMHC/WI is a part of St. Louis-based SSM Health Care ( www.ssmhc.com ) . SSM Health Care became the first health care organization in the country to be named a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award winner in May 2003.
Well-known as a leader in nursing, St. Mary’s was first designated as a Magnet hospital in 2002. Since then, the hospital has demonstrated the continuous quality improvement that is required of hospitals of this caliber and attained an elite status in 2011, when they were designated as a Magnet hospital for the third time. Professional nurses of St. Mary’s Hospital practice within a highly-developed, well-coordinated Nursing Organization that consistently achieves and sustains top tier outcomes and is well-prepared to support the strategic priorities of St. Mary’s Hospital and SSM Health Care, while advancing and contributing to the profession.
St. Mary’s provides comprehensive, family-centered services for maternity and newborn care at the Family Birth Center. Each year, there are about 3500 births. St. Mary’s Hospital has a Level 3 NICU and cares for high risk patients with two perinatologists on staff. The hospital is completing a four year construction project in women’s services, and the end result will be a beautiful, state-of-the-art area.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of operations management for the birthing suite which includes 11 bed LDR, 4 triage beds, and 3 Operating Rooms. The Director will also assume responsibility for 10 antepartum rooms once the construction project is completed. The incumbent, in partnership with the unit CNS, will develop a culture that is focused on the outcomes it produces and ownership of practice. In addition, the Director assumes major accountability for strategic planning, new service development and referral relationships. He/She also assumes project leadership on a hospital, regional or system wide basis as requested.
procurement of all material resources essential to the provision of care.
- Accountable to assure that services in the birth suite reflect the mission and values of SSM Health Care, and exhibits the values and philosophy of SSM Health Care and St. Mary’s Hospital in all daily activities, while performing job functions in accordance with hospital policies.
- Accountable to assure that the satisfaction of all customers is managed. This includes patients, families, physicians and referral sources.
- Accountable to assure that all services within the area of responsibility comply with professional regulatory, accrediting and other applicable regulations and standards and are provided in an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
- Accountable for all aspects of human resource management responsibility including development of a master staffing plans that assure 24 hour availability of the expertise needed to meet the demands for care; recruitment and retention; staff development; and creation of an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Accountable for contributing to the strategic direction of the medical center and for planning within the area(s) of responsibility including identifying new service opportunities and providing input into performance development to evaluate existing services. Serve on the medical center strategic planning committee on a rotational basis.
- Accountable for assuring a physical environment that supports practice excellence and for the
KEY INITIATIVES – FIRST SIX MONTHS
- Accountable for the development and management of the operating and capital budgets. Serves on the medical center budget committee on a rotational basis.
- Accountable for representing the Medical Center’s interests in the community.
- Become aware of the vision for the St. Mary’s Nursing Organization which includes a shared governance structure, culture of accountability, continuous development, interdisciplinary collaboration, and a contribution to research. Continue the development of your unit within the vision of a professional nursing organization.
- Oversee the completion of the construction project and assume responsibility for the 10 antepartum rooms.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to superior customer experiences with a service-oriented attitude.
- Comfortable operating in a collaborative environment and works well with all departments.
- Demonstrates high degree of self-motivation, assertiveness and goal-attaining capabilities.
- Ability to generate and support new ideas and innovations.
- Identifies, analyzes and solves problems effectively.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively lead and manage teams and people.
For more information, please contact:
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Wisconsin.
- BSN and Masters in Nursing or related management field are required.
- N ursing management experiences with demonstrated success is essential.
- At least five years of experience in high risk perinatal nursing.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing, knowledge of human resources and materials management, budget development and application.
Phone (614) 848-7726 ext. 1020
Fax (614) 848-7738
The Gammill Group
9200 Worthington Road Suite 101
Westerville, OH 43082
Monster - 13 months ago