The Director of Business Applications is responsible for managing the specification and support of business application systems for business functions and for educating the workforce about the strategic use of technology in the business. The incumbent works closely with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify users’ information requirements and seek opportunities to build systems based on new computing architectures that will improve business processes and support critical business strategies. The Director of Business Applications is also responsible for achieving the appropriate alignment of business applications and business direction.
- Provide strategic direction and implementation of business analysis and process design disciplines to effectively translate business requirements into IT solutions.
- Direct and continuously improve the business analysis skills centered around best practices areas such as functional and non-functional requirement gathering tools and techniques, project management practices and principles, feasibility analysis, process consulting skills and data analysis.
- Collaborate with business unit management, the various IT functional areas, and outside consultants to assess feasibility, determine costs versus benefits, prioritize projects, and develop and implement systems plans that address the information requirements of the business and adhere to established strategic business and systems objectives.
- Participate in the formulation of the company business system architecture plans, assessing cost and feasibility of system requests and ensuring the plan supports both strategic and near-term needs.
- Work with functional managers to ensure project costs and schedules are properly estimated and controlled.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants, and senior company management to define service levels.
- Plan and direct the activities of a group of Business Analysts and Managers who work closely with their customers to define customer requirements and to design, develop, and implement business application systems.
- Achieve the appropriate alignment of business applications and business direction.
- Integrate activities with business units and other IT departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and manage performance of Business Application Managers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Ability to lead dynamically and energize multidiscipline work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to business needs
- Knowledge of the Company’s business practices and direction, as well as familiarity with the Company’s products and resources
- Knowledge of business process management methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) highly desired.
- At least 7 years of IT experience, including the specification of large scale business applications across multiple hardware.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management and execution involving multiple major development projects.
- At least 3 years of management experience in which one or more of the following occurred:
- established a track record of managing business analysts through various life-cycle phases (cross functional experience highly desirable)
- leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- leadership of business process improvement or management project
- high competency in project management and the execution of multiple large projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 0-5% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 20 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...