Defines current and future target markets and strategic positioning within those and evaluates strategic business opportunities through partnerships, alliances and acquisitions in assigned Business Unit. Targets, fosters and maintains a market leadership position within the) product line. Partners with Business Unit Directors with a focus to strategically grow the business by seeking out unique opportunities that will complement our existing ventures while reporting to Gerald Meinecke:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enhances existing and implements new business models that derive maximum benefit based on value
- Identifies and develops key product line and service and optimization opportunities for the assigned areas of business.
- Identifies potential joint ventures which Exterran products and services can add complementary value and revenue
- Strategically assesses industry trends and developments for future business opportunities
Strategically assesses industry trends and developments for future business opportunities. Understands the market from a client perspective by engaging the Business units to:
- Identify key customers and establish relationships as appropriate, either directly (in case of new technology/processes) or in cooperation with Business Unit Director(s)
- Facilitates client surveys/visits and interviews in order to better understand the customer’s needs and implement solutions to what the customer wants.
- Develops strategies to maximize product and service line growth in dynamic growth areas and to protect market share in challenged markets
- Screens potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating customers' needs and goals.
- Provide market intelligence on investment and industry trends to enable a more focused marketing effort and work with Senior Management to shape corporate strategy
- Understands the market, both internally and externally, including competitor positions, strategies, segmentation and current/future direction
- Works to establish and achieve relevant objectives.
- Provides input to strategic direction, working closely in a supporting role with Marketing, contributing to marketing communications, including content approval of all advertisements, brochures, web-based content, trade magazine articles, professional papers, etc.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements new technology and key service opportunities in particular business models
- Interfaces with other departments and defines the product specifications (from a commercial perspective), required personnel, and outside vendor relationships in the development of new products. Acts as a focal point for resolution of related issues
- Keeps abreast of technological developments in the area of expertise to ensure a high technical quality in tools and techniques developed in the group
- Observes and encourages safe working practices, rules and regulations; correct obvious hazards immediately or report hazard to supervisor if not immediately correctable
- Recommends and implements means to better achieve goals and to improve employee utilization, morale and development
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Exterran - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...