Job Title: Director, Business Intelligence Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Description: Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain, and P&O Cruises in Australia.
The Director, Business Intelligence will lead the development of Business Intelligence reporting, systems and support to provide users easy access to relevant information. This will be accomplished by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics solutions for Carnival Cruise Lines. S/he will ensure internal customers’ needs analyses are in strategic alignment with business initiatives. S/he will work with cross functional groups within the organization to develop both strategic and tactical data architecture and designs that contemplate the business needs, while improving systems, reports and other business tools that are used to optimize business performance. S/he will be responsible for developing and maintaining Database Marketing performance measures and Business Intelligence tools across the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
#CB# Requirements: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for long term strategic vision for Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and tools across the Enterprise.
- Leads development of Business Intelligence and Database marketing reporting and systems to provide users easy access to relevant information. Translate user business needs of present and future into data modeling concepts and present solutions to problems.
- Provides business expertise and works closely with Carnival Cruise Lines departmental operational staff to understand underlying business needs, key performance indicators, and availability of information and market conditions. Collaborates to understand business needs and develop practical solutions that can be implemented and used to drive revenue improvement, cost savings and efficiencies across the enterprise. Key internal clients include: Revenue Management, Marketing, Information Systems, Finance & Accounting and Guest Commerce.
- Responsible for Data stewardship and, Data Profiling and Meta data. Supports business analysis, dashboards, key metrics and business requirements via the information contained within the data warehouse.
- Manages projects, provide technical and business consultation and help develop data warehouse interfaces, mainframe drains, data quality routines, systems development methodology, return on investments and case releases.
Business Acumen: Demonstrates business fluency. Strong diagnostic and implementation skills to pro-actively & effectively address problems/opportunities with actionable, scalable and sustainable solutions.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related Business field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of work experience within a large corporation or consulting firm practicing business intelligence, database marketing and revenue management, preferably in multiple industries.
- Must have proven business experience that demonstrates the successful application of analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management. This individual will need to provide methodology, metrics, and insights to measure the return on investment of strategic initiatives. Ability to create timelines to track actions, next steps, and progress that manage expectations at all levels up and down in the organization.
- Strong quantitative and database skills (proficient in MS Office- Excel, Word, Hyperion or comparable analytical tools).
- Comprehension of economic factors impacting the industry and Revenue Management principles (i.e. supply and demand).
- Proven analytical, organizational and decision-making skills to meet deadline in environment of often-changing priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong communication skills at all levels including the ability to communicate results succinctly to senior management.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently with specific management experience of professional positions for at least three years.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database tools (Microsoft business tools, SAS, Hyperion, Essbase and Oracle ERP). KEY LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORS
Analytical Thinking: Must be able to provide intellectual rigor to the interpretation of trends and data. Able to see the big picture from scattered pieces of information; Ability to collect and synthesize complex information, making it relevant, understandable and actionable for key stakeholders.
Results Oriented: Gets the most out of resources while achieving quality results. Establishes measureable goals and milestones for the organization. Sets time frames and priorities. Relentless and skillful driver of change. Willing to tackle tough issues and make decisions.
Persuade and influence: This leader must be able to champion activities across teams and functions to gain support for new directions and initiatives. The leader must have a proven track record in painting a vision and rallying different stakeholders behind this vision with a fact-driven approach. This leader must have the credibility of approach and delivery to get buy-in to new ideas and concepts. In addition, this person must not be arrogant – rather straightforward, approachable, and, overall, “likeable” to establish and sustain strong stakeholder relationships and effectively balance stakeholder needs with those of the business.
Confident & Resilient Bold and courageous thinker: Mature and confident leader who is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization. Self-motivated, resilient and skilled at building consensus. Able to support recommendations with a convincing business case.
Communication: S/he will present management with the relevant trends and data required to make informed business decisions. This leader will isolate and interpret the key business drivers for the various functions represented on the management team, and therefore we are seeking a crisp, clear, and concise communicator. Leadership: Demonstrate and promote strong leadership qualities in the team and help team members to develop and demonstrate leadership skills within and outside the department. This leader must be a credible business partner whose actions reflect Carnival Cruise Lines’ commitment to high standards of delivery.
Team Player - Builds teams that leverage their strengths cross-functionally. Models respectful collaboration across the organization. Creates an environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration. Defines success in terms of the team.
Accountability: Take ownership and responsibility of business intelligence development. Always ready to help and make sure insure team members take clear ownership of issues and decisions.
Benefits as a member of the Carnival Team: A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts. Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs. A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment . Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development. An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking. Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock. Paid vacation and sick time. An on-site fully accredited child development center. An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities. Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
Carnival Cruise Lines - 18 months ago
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...